cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: Government workers in blue and red

Are you referring to the $6 trillion spent on two wars and homeland security since 9/11?

0 Kudos
ISUMan
Frequent Contributor

That certainly is open for debate.  Bottom line is the spread of radicals around the world that hate us is inevitable and we will go broke trying to stop it.  Not sure there is a clear cut answer in that debate but it certainly is a legitimate point.  I will say however the job of our country is to protect it's citizen's whereas there is no justification for any form of subsidized health care or retirement assistance which are the 2 largest boondoggles.  I'm an independant so I'm more than happy to criticize either side.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

So you are saying

If our free market system does not provide health care or health insurance to lower income folks, then government should make no attempt at corrective measures?  

Somehow it is wrong for government to facilitate the creation and implementation of a basic retirement program that includes every body.

I think if you study the bible and the US constitution you wll find no mention of anything that proposes or advocates capitalism. Therefore, there is no reason for the capitalists to exist or wield such power and influence.

Shut wall street down! We should not allow such speculation and excesses that to takes our economy down every few decades

0 Kudos
ISUMan
Frequent Contributor

Re: So you are saying

Not sure where anyone ever said the Bible speaks of capitalism and nobody is denied health care in this country so I refuse to acknowlege that arguement.  I will agree that there are hurdles for some to access health insurance and that definitely needs to be addressed. As far as the gov't facilitating retirement plans that is fine just don't force me to pay into the system.  The gov't does not know better than me how to use my money.  What I do know is the gov't stealing of what man has and giving to another is inherently evil.  My faith does however in fact spur me to use what is mine to generously help those in need and that is a Biblical truth.  To paraphraze a wise man "the role of gov't is to be a referee to keep the players in the game from harming themselves.  That and nothing more."  So with that I can agree with you that Wall Street corruption, in any form, should be punished.

0 Kudos
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Let's see, 6 trillion accumulated over a decade versus over 4 trillion in just the last three and a half years.  Yep, right direction here we come!

0 Kudos