cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Grab ur ankles

The facts are the funds are trend followers not trend setters.  When the trend changes and the can be ensured of making money they pile in with both fists.  They drive the market more then it needs to be but that is the nature of the beast.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Simple statement--I would like to trade the funds income! I am sure you all might like to follow the "trend" if I make money. I still contend that you should only be able to trade if you have the commodity. Can someone tell me why that is such a bad idea?
0 Kudos
Advisor

You wouldn't get any big swings in the market.  The liquidity would be slashed to a portion of what we see now, and the market would be controled by the commercials (they have enough money to push the market around).  The volidility would be very light compaired to what we see now.  The funds can be a good thing.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

The market is not right or wrong. It is what it is as traders bet on their perception of future market direction.  Our local grain dealers bid or sell based on what the competition forces them to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Eye-popping....

Funds sold a net 10,000 CBOT corn contracts, sold 8,000 wheat, bought 4,000 in soybeans, bought 2,000 soymeal and were net even in soyoil - CBOT floor sources

0 Kudos
Esteemed Advisor

The data is out there about who is selling and who is buying...commercials keep buying...specs keep selling...so far anyway.

Specs are selling a commodity that is down 70% in price in 3 years...clearly not a good long-term strategy...lucky for them they are not long-term thinkers. They were also buying corn when it was $8, again not a great long-term strategy.

There is the farmers advantage if he choses to use it. Palouse gets it...just takes some capital.

0 Kudos