cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Greece/Argentina

No Don I said "national elections" as in presidential elections....California, new York, Illinois and a few others are already lost causes. There are a few bastions of sanity left on the electoral stage... Wyoming consistently comes to mind.
0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

I don't think I buy that position! What improvements in handouts have gone to the middle class? After the economic crash there are far fewer credits and exemptions that the average worker can take advantage of.  The financial and upper class have gotten the benefits! Bail outs. nonwage income taxed at a lower rate, tax feee paper, etc. And THEY were involved in causing the crash in the first place! They got bailed out at the same time they were passing legislation making it harder for individuals to use bankruptcies while corps seemed to dissolcve and reform at will, shedding retirement and health obligations.

True, FARMERS have gotten benefits the rest of the middle class can only envy! Since when can a regular citizen get subsidized  insurance to guarantee 85% of revenue ???

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The middle-class, what`s left of them is getting bailed out, look at the Dow it`s doubled in 6 yrs and the middle-class depends on that for their retirement funds. 

About half of the workers don`t pay federal income tax, they actually get back "earned income credits" ..okay that in of itself isn`t necessarily wrong, however alot of these people have no ownership in the country.  It`s like if there`s a park and those using it doesn`t clean up their garbage, expecting those that use the park after them to clean it up..well, they say "the garbage was here when we got here why should we clean it up?"  on and on and on until the park is so bad that no one wants to visit it any longer. And that is because no one has responsibility or ownership in the up keep.  Those of us that pay taxes tend to watch this wastefull spending with a eagle`s eye, because it`s our money that`s thrown around like water.  Maybe if I didn`t pay taxes and got money back from the government, I wouldn`t care either, I`d figure it`s someone elses problem.

0 Kudos