cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Green dot WW comparison

the old saying about a picture having the worth of many words emanates.

these are the last 5 yrs/same week of yr.- Star sat pics in order of 2014-2013-2011-2010-2012

this yr wins the prize for fewest green dots -S WW is in trouble --see for yourself. thanks.

star 14.gifstar 13.gifstar11.gifstar 10.gifstar 12.gif

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Green dot WW comparison

Great comparisons CX!!! But the wht. Markets continues downward!! Chance of Moisture in North Central Oklahoma for tomorrow and Monday!! We are on the western edge of the possible chance for rain? Than a chance of snow in the panhandle of Oklahoma and a freeze Tuesday morning!!! But these events will surely help if they happen ,,keyword happen!!!??? 90° here today wind 45 to 50 mph!!! We are running out of time!!! Don't know how much healing this wheat can do even if it rains now a lot!!! Check the skid plates on the headers guys??? Glad I have revenue protection!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

4 pm central - about 4 days in a row now with these temps. M-Farmer, not to worry about charts cont. downward. map from intellicast.com

4-12 temps.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

also, look at IA - concurs w/ Hobby's photos.4-11 soil.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

seems like the precip chances and totals for this 1-3 day system and 6-7 days out keep lessening in % and amount for south central.

what do you think, Jenny-Jenny 8675309............................... ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

another good one from Star sat image - vegetation health comparison to previous year/same week: CURRENT YR.

much more of a marked contrast between 2014-13 than can be gleened (excuse me-gleaned) from green-ness comparison alone.

veg health change.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

sw, Shaggy, M-Farmer, Palouser---others.................

i just took some time researching the front coming down SE-ward and Shaggy, i know you had to laugh in the end about the 3 or 4 freezes your wheat endured last spring----AND STILL SURVIVED ------looks like this one could freeze as far south as Abilene-which is about 3/4 of the way down into that south central Tx swath of WW

a good portion of these plants in all 3 southern states will experience 90's to 20's in a couple days....in varying degrees of REALLY dry soil, dirt or dust.

i don't wish bad on ANYONE - just study what's going on.......................stay long, calls, etc?....."it's all i can doooooooo."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZAkOSpVumw

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

looks like Iowa could get fixed up...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Today, in the 80's. 50% of rain this afternoon
And Eve....nothing....Sunday night, chance
Of snow.

No good chances for a while.

Ponds dry
Pasture grass not growing
Wheat is disappearing more
Each day

I'm tired
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

When temps change in such extremes in short times  it usually means there is very little moisture in the atmosphere.  Makes the rain/snow predictions hard to believe ----- at least in volumes that change crop potential.

0 Kudos