cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Growing pains from a free market.......

P-oed on my farm that would have come at the expense of soybeans. I'm sure that is where most of it would have. Would we be having the same discussion about beans?

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Most industry insiders anticipate VEETC going away in the near future. How it dies is the question right now....slow phase out or sudden pain like the bio diesel tax credit. Lots of varying opinions from landgrant economists on it's death realitive to corn prices.

I'm curious which mandates you refer to? RFSII? New ones? We have got to get EPA off their hinies soon if we are to get away from the blend wall.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

too close..... It all depends...... was the price of beans high enough?......Well it was high enough to ensure that they had the acres..... That is the point I think..... The corn market let the bean market suck the acres away........ FWIW..... Just wait until next year's acreage fight....... With all of the feed grain crops needing acres to rebuild stocks and cotton guys most likely taking back a few acres...... It is going to make the WWF look like rooper-room out of control.....Can you even consider that if we only make trend (158-159) type corn yields as to how that will impact this...... Well all will be saved if we hit 168-170 bph..... But.....IMO..... With all of this heat..... I do not think we will be at those type of numbers......As always time will tell...... p-oed

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

That is where some of the problems lie right now..assuming. Most are assuming trend yields and we may very well get there or above but what if we don't and The EU needs alot more then they can produce. Doesn't seem the market is willing to accept that scenerio right now. That in itself seems to be a little free...MikeM

0 Kudos