Senior Contributor

Gulke is getting the message

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Only took em 8 weeks...

Absolutely amazing.........

No one wanted to believe it could happen to them and we would have three short crops in a row.......

News flash it could happen again.......o and trendline is a joke.......in its current form is not relevant........course USDA will probably drop 2012 too and off to 170 we go........

Why is it so hard to understand this idea of peak corn......

0 Kudos
67guy
Veteran Contributor

Re: Gulke is getting the message

Jerry lives in his own little world.  If things are going okay at his farm they are okay everywhere.  Up until a couple of weeks ago I think they had been catching a little bit of rain up his way that was staving off a total trainwreck.  I think things in his neck of the woods have started giving up the ghost so now he thinks we have a problem.

0 Kudos
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

I think most of the world lives that way...with backyard-itis....until something forces you to change your outlook. My crops actually look pretty good in southern MN and I would normally be about 100% sold on new crops but something happened in May that changed my plans...we had about 7 inches of rain in 48 hours and flooded everything. So every field had drowned out spots that I had to replant and slow growth. Turns out to have been a huge blessing as things are maturing at the right time now, and I have crops to contract. Otherwise I would have pre-sold for the $5 to $6 range like it looked was going to be the top.

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

The thing I think is a bit strange is that it is only NOW he's checking his fields? A wheat guy has a bit tougher time checking with any confidence but, I'm usually only off by less than 10%. 

0 Kudos
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

I always get extremely nervous listening to an analyst that has skin in the game due to his backyarditis.  8 bucks wasn't sustainable in 08'.  8 bucks wasn't sustainable a year ago.  I'm not sure 8 bucks is sustainable this go around.  Sometimes it's good to get out of the area.  I went with a friend to the front range in CO this weekend.  It was an eye opener.  They still haven't recovered from the recession.  One week they had uncontrollable fires.  The next week, they were hit with 11 inches of rain.  According to local businesses, business has been extremely slow.  We'll see if 8 bucks is sustainable now.  

0 Kudos