cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

HARVESTING IN TEXAS

I THOUGHT THEY WERE ALREADY HARVESTING CORN IN TEXAS. A TRAIN LOADED WITH CORN FROM S. CENTRAL MN JUST GOT LOADED AND IS HEADING TO TEXAS. WHY? SHOULDNT THEIR BE FRESH CORN THERE?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: HARVESTING IN TEXAS

Well, that makes at least two headed to Texas, a couple different buyers called me from area today, + $1.05 basis, glad I didn't have any to sell.

Thought there was a record crop down there being harvested early with NO demand? 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Exactly!!!!!! We've been fed a pile of manure. It's not plausible that Texas would have a record crop with their ongoing drought ant the freeze of the early stuff that occurred in March. I've said it before - I continue to say it. No more than 12.5 corn. Personally, due to no rain again in too many areas this last month, I'm moving down now to 12.3bbl. 14bbl was never in the cards - not this spring.

Jen
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Not enough feed grown here to keep or build cattle herd.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I also thought you guys were going to move that record Texas crop into the Midwest to keep the e plants running? Oh, that's right, there's no demand so it doesn't matter if it moves from Texas or not.

Jen
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Corn   Heading North On The Mississippi:   With corn stocks at a 17 year low, the in-demand grain is headed up river   to Midwest processors and ethanol plants. This is not the normal traffic seen   on the river, as corn is usually transported north to south on the   Mississippi, where it is then loaded for export. More than 1000 barges are   expected to move north through mid September delivering both imports and   freshly harvested supplies from southern states. It's estimated that the U.S.   will end up importing a record 165 million bushels of corn for the year   ending August 31.

Honored Advisor

Canuck5,

What is the source of that quote??

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Van Trump daily newsletter

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Thanks