cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

HEY marketeye

Any conformation on this one?

China just bought 11 mln old crop and 12.7 mln bu new crop beans from USA.

Or do you just show up on bad news days?

20 Replies
Kstater85
Veteran Contributor

Re: HEY marketeye

That is versus the 39M bushels that they bought this week last year.   New crop bean sales are HALF of last year

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

I was wondering the same thing.......A huge sale to China and no reports of it.   We have been told many times over  that the U.S. is too high priced for exporting grains compared to the rest of the world.   Somebody is lying to us.   Of course news supposedly coming from China that they won't be buying from the U.S.   just a few days before they actually buy.....   Nothing like driving the price down and then buying.   Same old song.....and the CBOT falls for it time after time.

BTW, If the U.S soybean crop is as good as the USDA says......and the carryover is as high as they say,  why in the heck would China buy now?  With prices heading in the toilet because of this huge supply, the Chinese don't appear to be very smart.   Unless of course, they suspect that the USDA numbers are just smoke & mirrors.

0 Kudos
crophugger
Senior Contributor

Now now guys don't be picking on China if it wasn't for them we wouldn't exist. Remember you are only told what you need to know.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Kstater85,   New crop sales are down primarily because they are predicting a huge crop & carryover here in the U.S. and they are/were expecting prices to be much lower this coming fall & winter.   Maybe a few folks are questioning the supply numbers now.

0 Kudos
wglassfo
Veteran Contributor

I don't see where marketeye is the villian in this china thing

I for one always read what he posts

I think a lot of others do also

We have no reason to expect marketeye to only report bullish news

Nor is he expected to be our cheer leader

Keep on doing what you do market eye

My skin would not be thick enough for your job

0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

The world is awash in wheat @copyright 2015 elcheapo The world is awash in corn @copyright 2015 elcheapo The world is awash in soybeans @copyright 2015 elcheapo
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Elcheapo, you may have an easier time merchandising sprinkles than collecting royalties on washed things.

As far as villianizing marketeye, not my agenda. Seems this whole year his slant has been the exact opposite of even and balanced comments and reporting. The last big report not one peep on this site that day.  

Some good sales rumors about and another missing in action.

You do know the title of the magazine is "Successful Farming"  right?

Maybe I'm missing something here??? 

Yes there is lots of less than positive things out there affecting farming and they need brought up.  

The positives need the same treatment.

ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

The farm media is salivating for another farm crisis.
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Many market advisors and services have been hoping for a farm crisis since 2010 or so.   They would really like someone to actually pay attention to them once again.    Smiley Wink

0 Kudos