cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Happy daze are here again

Kraft why is it always raise taxes why not cut spending.youre right they keep spending more and then need to borrow to pay for it. Do you think raising taxes will help the economy . Middle class keeps losing spending power with the spend and borrow politics
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Im sure many of you may have seen this, but who did't needs to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Three reason I'm behind Obamacare.

1. Just saw a post on Facebook by a friend of mine, who is self-employed and in his late 50's. He's very excited that he was able to sign up already. First time he has even been able to get health insurance in 20 years. I know the web sites are barely working, but at least for him, it did.

2. Had a friend years ago who battled cancer for several years before passing away. By the end he was dangerously close to hitting his life-time Blue Shield max coverage ($1 million, if I remember right) . Had he survived awhile longer, none of us knew what was going to happen with his bills, short of selling his farm, (meaning no more job). And it was a life-time cap - he would have had to cover his own health costs until Medicare kicked in 25 years later. Now that's not an issue with no life-time limits.

3. My daughter's boyfriend (self-employed) recently graduated from college with type 1 diabetes. He's able to stay on his parents' plan until age 26, and at that point cannot be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Let's face it, the most unhealthy segment of our population (those 65 and over) are already part of our America's socialized medical system. That's the part that's breaking the budget. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Dig deeper faraway , Care will be limited
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Care will NEVER be limited if you have the money !!!  If you don't have the money , care is a problem under the current system and will be under AHC act also !!   John

Veteran Contributor

Care will always be limited. Pick your poison - if not by an insurance company, then at age 65, by the government. If an insurance company denies coverage, it's probably about greed (it costs them money). If a government agency (Medicare) denies coverage, it's about policy or maybe bureaucracy. Personally I think greed as a factor is a greater force.

A friend of mine is a vascular surgeon and he told me once that the whole health cost debate in the end, is about rationed health care, but nobody wants to use those words. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Care is rationed now by the money you have availble...insurance has nothing to do with it. Money can and does buy healthcare !!

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Insurance has a lot to do with it when you're really sick, unless you pay for your own medical care out of pocket. I don't know if I've known anyone that does that, though I'm sure it happens. Of course, I've known lots of people that do the opposite - go without coverage and expect the system to pay if something happens. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I know a couple farmers who had no insurance and have been able to pay everything out of pocket. Not sure what their plans are now.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I don't know if there is a right or wrong side in this health care debate. We as people need to take care of our selves health wise. Look around at all the fat and lazy people in the country. They don't have much pride when they look in the mirror. They eat junk food and lay on the sofa smoking cigarettes watching TV. They are stupid enought to buy pills that are advertised to make you lose weight as you are sleeping.

I talked to a old doctor a couple years ago who said we didn't need this new health care system we will be getting. He said those in need are already treated at hospital emergency room at no cost.

0 Kudos