cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Hard winds

In Wisconsin last night... 

Sounded like bout the whole State.. Deracho type wind.

Wonder how much flat corn etc..  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RJG640v8
Advisor

Re: Hard winds

Fine here, drive into town 2 miles away and trees down, roofs blown off.Fine here, drive into town 2 miles away and trees down, roofs blown off.

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Some area without power,  so guess we'll hear more when we hear more. 

0 Kudos
Wind
Advisor

Mighty fine looking corn there v8.  30,000 pop?  One more good rain in ten days and it should be made.  We have gone 16 days without rain and a lot of heat.  Crops starting to complain.  We do have a rain event predicted for Friday night.  90% with 1 to 2 inches of rain. I have seen this before and not pan out.  Cooler temps with no rain for the first 10 days of August.  New genetics have not changed the fact that soybeans need the "later rains" to make good yields.  We shall see.

0 Kudos
RJG640v8
Advisor

Thanks Wind. Just over 30,000 stand. The agronomist (my son) tells me it should make 26 ton of cs per acre. Been lucky so far, get the rain just when it’s needed. 2.25” last night. 

been the best year ever for making hay as well.6C16AA7B-23E0-4587-A131-EB6BC435160E.jpeg

Winter Wheat was just over 100bpa. Lots of straw for winter bedding too.504CDE16-9777-4F71-9462-B4DD085AA2FF.jpeg

good luck hope the rains happen for you.

Wind
Advisor

One happy camper here.  We had an all night "off and on" slow 1.2 inches of rain last night.  Some here in Iowa missed the rain and others got swamped, just right- here.  This will bring the corn home (barring another Derecho) and send the beans into third base standing up.  The weather predictors had this rain event about right. Very thankful.

RJG640v8
Advisor

0B8FD82B-5954-4566-9BDB-2431FF9F876A.jpeg

Just got 1.5.  

6 so far for the month 7 days in. Normally Aug is dry here. I’ll take it.  No runoff, all has just soaked in

0 Kudos