cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IllinoisSteve
Senior Contributor

Harvest results

Corn is still a little on the wet side but is starting to dry down. Have only done a couple hundred acres, but I now believe I have a shot at beating my all time high set in 2008. Still too early to say for sure but looks promising. Yields so far are 240 to 305. Checked 10 acres at 305 dry in one field and had 75 acres in another field run 292 dry. Test weight is still low and could become a discount issue for people if it continues. Hoping it will pick up enough when corn drys down so that won't be a problem. Been running beans for almost a week now and it appears they will be my best ever. So far the range is 66 to 81. We'll have to wait and see but I think they will be the best I've ever raised. Realize it isn't like this everywhere but this crop is getting bigger by the day. Bigger than most think anyway. Good luck to everyone.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

Re: Harvest results

Steve. Congratulations on having the best yields in IL, perhaps the country, this year. Even at 4$ corn you should be able to get by at 1200$/a gross on those corn acres. I just hope you don't screw up the basis to much for the rest of us around you in IL with all that corn.
IllinoisSteve
Senior Contributor

Well we will see.  I'm sure someone somewhere will have better crops.  I'm also sure these numbers probably won't hold up through harvest.  Nonetheless it could very well be my best ever.  Better to be lucky than good I guess!  As for the basis it will help that pipeline was getting pretty low preharvest.  There was still some corn around but not a lot.  I do expect basis to further weaken as harvest progresses.  Be safe everyone.

0 Kudos
Slim123
Senior Contributor

Steve: was that the best yields you ever had?

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

With all of that corn carried over from last year in the US, I hope you don't have to pile it on the ground.    Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
hardnox604008
Advisor

It surely did look good when I drove across I-88 in August.

0 Kudos