cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esteemed Advisor

Has anyone heard how

the subsidy regimen in going to work? Especially for Pork, easily the most battered of the exports?

Just wondering what we can expect?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Has anyone heard how

IMO there shouldn`t be a pork bailout check, corn & beans are cheap....there`s their "bailout".  And it`s convoluted in the pork "industry"  one guy owns the 5 acres where the bldgs. are, one guy owns the bldgs., one guy gets the manure, one guy takes care of the hogs and a Chinese owned company owns the hogs. So where does one begin?  

Advisor

Michael Cohen is going to borrow the money on his home equity LOC, then create an offshore shell company that will run it back through the National Enquirer.

But first you have to sign an NDA swearing that you didn't get #####ed by David Dennison.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

BA you are a good piece of work!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Nox, the way I heard it is the US is going to borrow the money from China and then give it to the Chinese company that owns the hogs.

That way it keeps the money circulating so they can borrow more to cover the deficit.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: with beans above $9

That is viewed as " no bail needed by farmers."!

guess we'll see.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Advisor

Re: with beans above $9

Thank you all for your ...errrr.....serious responses :-)

Trust me BA... when hogs go from 60 to 35/# you don't make up

the difference on the 9.4 bu of corn in each hog that is only 

down 30 cents a bushel. :-)

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

The only news I have seen about how it will be distributed is that USDA is going to try to let producers know in early Sept.
0 Kudos
Advisor

Why should there be any pork subsidy. Pork is run by verticaly integrated packers. There isn’t any family farms left in pigs.
Senior Contributor

I am very much a family farm and raise 9600 head of pigs a year!!  Wean to finish!

0 Kudos