cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
north ia farmer
Frequent Contributor

Hello from NIA farmer

Hope everyone's winter is going great.Here in NIA not much of any snow on the ground any more but colder than **bleep** for the next couple of days and then maybe a chance at some moisture see many still have there head up there ass thinking how high this market can go up in 2013.I see everyone is waiting for $6 corn to start selling 13 crop.There was plenty of chances late last summer early fall to get that $6.Now everyone can't wait to start at $6.If it rains this spring and summer we will see $3-$4 if it's dry $8 could happen.Forget your $10 dream it won't happen as we seen nobody want corn at that price.Wow these Eplants are dropping like a rock how many more will bite the dust or never open the doors again?I still say these prices are going to bite us in the ass when it's all said and done.It's very interesting watching some of these young bucks flopping there wings these day's thinking the grains will never go down and there going to start the world on fire.I seen a lot of these guy's go down big in the late 70s and early 80's and things will come down sometime and without daddy's cash they will put there wings between there leg crying like a baby.Back to cuddling up to the fire with Mrs NIA.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
jec22
Veteran Advisor

Re: Hello from NIA farmer

Given your great marketing advise last year, I won't bookmark this post.  But I do appreciate it for laughter value.  And yes, I farmed the 70's and 80's.

Also, are we to assume that Mrs. NIA farmer is one of the imaginary internet women? 

Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

well greetings...........

the boss finally let you off pit duty to post............you know those elevators and cell phones, guy at the pit snotting dust and rolling traps cant have a fire hazard..........

I hear you are gettings some new paint..........its comes in a spray can and might be enough to cover 10% of that rusted dented hood of yours????

your marketing advice has been spot on..........I mean between you and krafty and all the wizards of the bear clan..............you guys have managed to miss out on at least 2 or 3 dollars maybe more per bushel.........on at least 3 years of grain............that truly is a remarkable feat...........not sure I would be proud of it, but you guys seem to be happy..........

Mrs NIA wouldnt happen to have a maiden name of DOT COM....................lol Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Farmerjoe79
Senior Contributor

Mizzou this guy does not even farm anymore he lost his land to some young farmer that knows how too farm. It sucks to sell your grain to cheap and your rent goes up every year. Nine dollar corn is around the corner NIA to bad you don't have any too sell.
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Even a broken clock is right once in a while. Unless it is the Mayan long count one.
0 Kudos
north ia farmer
Frequent Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAPUxvjbdcU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAPUxvjbdcU 

Mizzou,your to ------ old to understand.Mrs NIA tells me this every night.

I'm also thinking your to ----- old to understand it's all weather this 2013 season and $8 corn is all they are willing to pay and if it rains $3-$4 is all they will pay.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Re: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAPUxvjbdcU

north ia farm, are you using any education/experience for your views? I mean with all regard to you and your perspective...any mkt has many dynamics going on at once which drive it - the wild card of weather is but one of many. TO quote i think it was MT-correct me not, "the die has been cast"...I grew up in the space age @ ground control...was fortunate to watch the live launch of Apollo 16 in person b/c of my family's connectedness in city....but we've cleared the tower, Houston and maybe these mrkts are throttling back a bit just before they hit maximum density (but if they get through that - air gets thin)....a market gets started like a rocket b/c of the enormous energy expended in 1st min.....a body w/ momentum takes an equal/opposing force to stop/turn around big picture.

you posted a video. reminded me of one i like (be a nice ride, too)---take a look. little long, but worth the look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwfsFtpACFw   see how quickly air gets thin enough for vibrations to settle.

0 Kudos
jec22
Veteran Advisor

Re: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAPUxvjbdcU

c-x, you have learned well.  That is the elephant in the room.  Subsoil moisture.   Had over 8 inches of rain here last fall, still no subsoil moisture except on bottoms. 8 inches, and the first foot to foot and half absorbed it and wanted more.  It isn't going to be fixed quickly.  Can it be done, yes.  Does the long range forecast support it will change?  No.   March, April is now predicted to be above normal temps.  It will be a battle for some to keep enough TOPSOIL moisture to germinate the seed.  There will be planters rolling in March in IA because guys will be worried about losing moisture in the seed zone to germinate.

Hopefully,  it rains and this is not an issue.  Because this drought is so big it will continue to affect trees, drinking water supplies and much more. 

Instead of saving for a rainy day, we better be saving for a dry one.  Crop insurance sure takes the stress out.  Up the insured rate again.

0 Kudos
BTS4-210
Contributor

I guess you guys missed the article in the delta farm press last month  china going to allow 2 kids per family starting 2015  fixing to be a population explosion

0 Kudos
67guy
Veteran Contributor

I believe you are the one that has been hoping for and predicting LDPs since about 2008.  What happened with that?  Your track record sucks.  Why do you even care if you are not farming anymore?

0 Kudos