cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Hey, isn't that Sonny sitting next to Wilbur?

Hey, isn't that Sonny sitting next to Wilbur without a mask on at trump's Thursday night event?  I don't care if it's outside, it's a thousand people, cheek to jowl, it seems a little risky to me.

sonny no mask.jpg
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Hey, isn't that Sonny sitting next to Wilbur?

If any of them old goats get sick, i`m sure you and SD Holloway will let us know about it  Smiley Very Happy 

Here`s Nancy pulled down mask, wiping snot on her bare hands and then touching who knows what or who.  I`ve seen it, people pulling their mask down to sneeze or cough, doesn`t that defeat the purpose?

SICK: Pelosi Wipes Her Dripping Nose With Her Bare Hand, Then Touches House  Floor Podium Used By Other Lawmakers (Video) - Freedom News USA

0 Kudos
tgsherer
Friend

What? You really believed that we are "Thinking Apes"? Or "Logical Apes"?? 

No, those, I am afraid, are the exceptions. Many of us maybe 'Alpha Tool-making Apes'?

1 mask out of how many?? Stupid Lemmings are no Stupider.

'B A', Nancy, however, is greatly 'distanced' and not talking to other than the mike. Point noted, if she sneezed. But, no violation here. Those in attendance at the Burning of The Hatch Act are simply Cowards trying to be 'Super Spreaders'.

'Homo sapiens' may have come along nearly 200,000 years ago, but, obviously, many kinks still being worked out.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Microphones always have been a point source of infection, especially Nancy getting her mucus all over everything.

The Covid virus lasts about one second in the sunlight, those hoodlum BLM clowns looting after dark, the virus lingers in the nightime air for hours. 

https://churchacousticsandsoundsystems.com/sound-system-discussions/health-risks-of-a-microphone/

snip

Here is some info about viruses and bacteria and how there are transmitted.   These are excerpt from the Mayo Clinic.

“The length of time that cold and flu viruses can survive outside the body on an environmental surface varies greatly. But the suspected range is from a few seconds up to 48 hours, depending on the specific virus and the type of surface.

Flu viruses tend to live longer on surfaces than cold viruses. Also, it is generally believed that cold and flu viruses survive for longer periods on nonporous surfaces — such as plastic, metal or wood — than they do on porous surfaces — such as fabric or paper.

Although cold and flu viruses primarily spread from person-to-person contact, they can also spread from contact with contaminated objects or surfaces. The best way to avoid becoming infected with the cold or flu virus is to wash your hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

Other tips for staying healthy during cold and flu season include:

• Get a flu shot. This is the one of the most effective ways to prevent influenza.
  • Regularly clean your desk, phone and computer keyboard and mouse — at home and at the office — with disinfectant sprays or wipes.
  • Stay home if you’re sick. Don’t expose others to your germs by dragging yourself to the office, theater or PTA meeting.

The cause of strep throat is bacteria known as Streptococcus pyogenes, or group A beta-hemolytic streptococcus.

Streptococcal bacteria are highly contagious. They can spread through airborne droplets when someone with the infection coughs or sneezes. You can also pick up the bacteria from a doorknob or other surface and transfer them to your nose or mouth. Kitchen utensils and bathroom objects are other common sources of infection transmission.

Prevention

Proper hand cleaning is the best way to prevent all kinds of infections. That’s why it’s important to clean your own hands regularly using soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.  In addition, don’t share drinking glasses or eating utensils. Wash those items carefully in hot, soapy water or in a dishwasher.”

This means that items like microphones should be cleaned after every worship service.  Better yet, don’t share you microphones.  If you do it is like share your tooth brush.  I think it is high time that singer take their craft more seriously and consider their health when performing.  I myself have been bringing my own microphone from lectures to seminars for years.  Every few months I change the windscreen which costs about as much as a toothbrush and wipe the barrel down after each use with alcohol hand wipes. But I have not been doing that for sanitary reasons, I just like the way I sound on that microphone and I take care of it the same way a musician takes care of their instrument.

I think it is high time to re-think the way we use microphones in general.   If your concerned about your health, don’t feel embarrassed to use a piece of plastic over a public telephone mouth piece or cell phone.  If you want to cut down on the number of colds you get, you should change the way you use microphones – especially if you a minister or performer.

Minister and singers should be making the same investment as musician do and personalize the microphone.  They don’t cost much.  A Shure SM58 costs around $100.00 and a high end microphone like an AKG 451 costs about $600.00.  Yes, I know these are older mic models, but I still like the way they sound.  A professional mic used by one person can last 20 years or longer.

Whether you’re a singer in a praise team, singing to tracks from church to church or do Church concerts, you should be bringing your own microphone with a 25 ft cord.  You should have a case for the mic, replacement windscreens and mini wipes to clean your mic after each performance.  You should also have you name etched into the barrel or even have the barrel custom finished. You could also used colored tape.  I know of one person who uses an embossed silver coated wall paper for the barrel of the mic with a custom mic clip.

0 Kudos
tgsherer
Friend

'B A', a lot of bad information included. Sounds to me like this is getting partisan.

#1 The mikes on the House, and in committee rooms, are wiped down after each speaker - including Madam Speaker.

#2 Do you have any idea who is "looting"? In MN & Portland White Nationalists were behind a lot of the looting and the burning, and giving protesters, who were a bit more Angry than most, ideas. Other cities know theirs was organized, i.e., not BLM "hoodlums". 

#3 World researchers have found, as has been told over and over, the SARS-CoV-2 virus can last from several hours up to 72+ hours. In a Sun-facing window sill, it can still last for many minutes to 1-2 hours (depending up time of day).

#4 This is not a Hoax or a Joke. It kills and maims - AT a Rate similar to the 1918 Kansas Avian Flu (aka, "Spanish"). 

I have 2 cousins & ones husband who have nearly died from this one (2 in ER for days), and nearly 4 months later are still messes. 

0 Kudos