cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Highs and Lows

Good point SW, My marketing advisor told me a while back to sell 20% of my 2013 production of all row crops.  I told him if we have a year like 2012, I won't even raise 20%. Totally blew him away, he thought the drought was long gone.  I suggested to him that he needs to get out of the big city every now and then.  needless to say, I might be shopping for a new advisor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Shaggy,

I have never wanted someone else to blame.

The blame always falls back on us, no matter whose advice we took.

You have a much bigger puzzle to work through than market advisers want to deal with.------------- Be a good risk manager first.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Good advice SW, are you for hire?  LOL  I'm not looking to point fingers or blame, just thought it was kinda funny that a few people already have a portion of this crop in the bin.  I'm not selling a single bushel unless it is through the combine.  Last time I checked, selling something you've already got is like money in the bank.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Let's see that big snow storm first.  Then we can start to formulate a marketing plan.

Early sales are more risky in short supply times.   Times of surplus seem to favor earlier sales.---------- There that is about as good as I get..  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

The most difficult problem for us will be a run up in prices in the spring as we continue dry - expanding your business model could solve this.

You have a much bigger puzzle to work through than market advisers want to deal with.-------------that depends on who the advisor is.

Good advice SW, are you for hire? - i might know someone who is, Shaggy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Just kinda playing around CX1, not really looking for one at the moment.  My current one is working just fine for me.  Thanks for the offer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Expanding the business model?????  Are you suggesting diversification away from agriculture????  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

you're welcome Shaggy,

but you clearly said your "advisor" don't know jack---so i hope your not paying someone who doesn't know what's going on in the grain marketplace....or economics of grains.....or moisture deficits.....or how to increase your bottom line. Just sayin'  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

When the market tops buy puts. There that one was free!!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Good one Cat, Did that a few weeks ago and already sold them for a nice profit.  Who's the smart one now?  Let me know when the top is in, I'll do it again.

0 Kudos