cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Hill City Kansas

106 F with an average 20 mph breeze with gusts to 36 right now. headed for 110 F

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Hill City Kansas

Might want to forward this to  Chixcago 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

We can top that one. In Sharon Springs, KS.  It has been as high as 113 today. Currently is 112 with 5% humidity and wind at 16mph. The top gust recorded today was 31mph.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Gee Wiz  ! Thats just a cool morning here in New Kansas

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It's just a cool 87 here with 66% humitity and I just got soaked in 15 minutes of remounting that 20.8 x 38 rear tire. (from the inside out)

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

glad to see other's reporting the weather.Smiley Wink

...........and remember 90% of all futures volume is in the ether now........CBOT or Chicago is not ACTUAL anymore.

think about it as you think of your actual product.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hill City, KS 67642

Jun 11, 2013 3:53 PM

111 F

16mph

Hi: 111°F
Lo: 76°F
Rain: 0.00"
Gust: SW 36

Heat Index: 105°F
Humidity: 9%
Dew Point: 39°F
Avg Wind: 16 SW
Pressure: 29.64"
Rain/Month: 0"
Sunrise: 6:11 AM
Sunset: 9:06 PM
Moonphase:
Phase                    

As reported at:         
Hill City Municipal Airport

Today

Sunny                                 

Hi: 110 °F                                      

Sunny...breezy. Isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 110. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of thunderstorms 20 percent.… more                 

Tonight

Partly Cloudy                                 

Lo: 68 °F                                      

Breezy. Partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms in the evening...then mostly clear after midnight. Lows in the upper… more                 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

my lungs are burning just imagining the memories of breathing in a blast furnace like that, Hobby.

pan evap rates start ramping up quite a bit w/ extreme heat and less than 10% air moisture.

first time i exp heat of that quality was in Yuma, Ar------road trip from San Diego to Houston---I opened the car door ---OMG-

looking at the maps yest, saw bkadds, sw & Shaggy r gonna be sweating it for a few days.........or weeks?

c-x-1 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Oh come here c-x-1 ! WTF you can't be  puzzy all your life ! Those guys are tuff that live out there !!! heck if they weren't -- they'd live in Texas --- LMAO

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

ECIN,

Tx, OK have these funny shapes called panhandles ---you know, like the handle on yer iron skillet.

bkadds, sw, Shaggy are a stones throw from each other even though in 3 DIFFERENT states. i know they can take it, but their f---ing crops ain't too happy 'bout it!!!!! 

edit: with any kinda wind over 15-20 mph (which is normal) it REALLY IS LIKE A BLAST FURNACE---also b/c humidity is so low..............

0 Kudos