cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Historic Brazil harvest underway

Our friends at Gazeta do Povo newspaper in Brazil sent me a note, this morning. Jose Rocher, editor, says the 2013 soybean harvest is underway and all is well. In his own words:

Brazil starts soybean harvest with good weather

There is enough rain for almost all Brazilian producers of corn and soybean at this moment, when the farmers are starting the summer harvest in Paraná and Mato Grosso states. The biggest crop of all time depends on only more one month of good weather conditions and the climate forecasts improved, removing the risk of prolonged drought.

The climate conditions are being different to North and to Southern region in Brazil. At the beginning of the planting season, the southern producers faced two-three weeks of drought, what dropped the yield potential of the corn crop, but not so much for soybean. And the point is that Rio Grande do Sul state, in the South,  is one of the bigger producers of corn.

On the other hand, the producers from center and northern regions decided postpone the start the planting season, just because of the late arrival of the rains. They have good conditions until now.

In any case, all Brazilian regions have had climate conditions better than last season. That's why we have so high numbers in the official and private reports about the summer crop in Brazil, mainly for soybean.

After a bad year, the soybean production promises to achieve 82 million tons, at least 20 per cent more than in 2011/12. Brazil also expects to harvest 35 million tons of corn, the same volume of the last summer.

Marketeye note:

I hope this world crop production information is helpful for your 2013 risk management plans.

Mike

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Historic Brazil harvest underway

OK: on beans "WE'RE screwed"

Now on corn, their # is steady, I think we are very short. Of that 35 # of theirs what part is need domesticly and what part is/will be available for world markets?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

A truth filled video about Brazil

Caution couple of swear words in this. You were warned!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: A truth filled video about Brazil

Ummmm..I hope the Brazilians who view these posts don't watch that video. And if they do.....wellll

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I have a link to a assembly plant in Cedar Rapids Iowa that produces some of the largest wind turbines in the world... I have personally toured this plant, stood on the floor where these picts were taken. Watch the slide show that automaticly advances on the right side of the screen... those "little" gears and castings were poured and machined in Brazil.

http://www.clipperwind.com/qualitymfg.html

http://www.clipperwind.com/serviceability.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

JR better not fly or buy a new chore tractor from Agco...  Many of the 50 - 100 seat regional jets used in the US are made by Embraer in Brazil, and the Agco 2600 HD line is also made in Brazil if I remember correctly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Well the truth hurst I guess. Point is that in all this talk about Brazuil we pften imagine them with the same type of system as we have.

They don't!

What they have is a very strictly govermentaly controlled economy that Keeps people in poverty at the expense of thier own economic advantage.

So when we talk about all the things brazil has to offer they are primaraly the ag commocities and heavy machinery. The minute the ag sector in America hiccups the manufacturing sector and the ag sector in Brazil wioll get the flu.

On the soybean thingy as we go forward if harvest starts this week how long before the majority of those beans even make it to market?

3 weeks?

6 weeks?

IT isn't like they have the transprtation to get those products here as fast as we can get them to a port.

BTW Nate don't forget all the JD motors that are built there also.

Brazil's finance minister is so mad he could spit nails over what the feds nave done with our curency. I think they will be the ones that actually take us to the wood shed over the currency manipulation we have been involved in this century.

As to worying about what the brazilians think about that video..............You ever watched the stuff they world says about us? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I agree with you JR they are competing against us and we had a 100 year head start on infrastucture. At the time most of our building was going on the government was looking the other way as far as workers protection and the environment. How many times did RRs and large industry go bankrupt only to be bought for pennys on the dollar to make them profitable. But now with all of the industry that has been pushed off shore can we keep our infastucture working?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Help!  I have fallen and can't get up . . . call 911 . . . I am laughing so hard.  I guess no one is reading what Bloomberg has streaming across its channel tonight.   Kinda looks like Argintina soy and corn is in the crapper!

Kinda looks like corn and soy stock in the US will fall.  What is going on here . . . I mean wasn't it last week when Misinforma et.al. told us we were all going into the abyss.

Well, like I said this is da ja vu, I have seen this movie too many times, to react anymore to taling heads trying to drive muppet farmers to dump grain.  The party is just beginning, and Larry, Moe and Curley have their comic

book coming out next week, so we all should have lots of laughs.  

You know I am getting kinda board with the same movie this time every year.  Most of the people I know still have grain in bins, they ain't selling nothin! They just do not react to this crap anymore.   John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

its the same old same old....im tired of the scare tactics

0 Kudos