cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Hope you guys sold all your wheat

When you had the chance. Some good rallies locally, 300... Now low 200 for hrw elevator. Dunno what the miller is, don't cAre

Any additional 2015 acres can still be priced at good enough prices.. At least I am going to go hunt for additional wheat acres shortly. Fertilizer will slide, chemicals will rise slightly and your own seed is worth less anyways. Less equipment payments, less rent..

Just remember folks, your growing crops to sell, not to hoard
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Hope you guys sold all your wheat

Why would anyone sell wheat now?? We've hit the low !!! Wheat sells are 62% above last years levels !! Price next years wheat now??? Really!!!! You must be a miller??? Good try millerguy89 lol👎
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

No I'm not a miller. Phoned adm to ask about unsold wheat: 240/mt. 40 more than elevator!!

Really, I'm advocating selling during jam-early spring on the rally we had

Wheat is going to follow corn lower this fall. It takes a lot of risk off your plate to sell now and for me it's very profitable as wheat is far more productive up north.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I am just coming off the worst wheat harvest of my life and I won't sell until I'm forced to for financial purposes.  I'll take my chances of a rally.  Not having any debt. sometimes makes those decisions both easier and harder.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

That's just it too shaggy, even worse yields from the south and we still head lower. Much larger trends are making us go lower: corn/bean. That's why I'm convinced this one is a dog if your not careful.

Not anything on my mind when I look at my wheat. All I do is focus on growin it. Feel great. It helps because I have debt to service too.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

I forgot: selling into the future has significant carry here. So it's not low
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

How bad is it really for you?  We had wheat in Garden City that did 110+ bu... our lowest field was 33...  local ADM elevator is giving 6.46 today, Cargill a mile away shafting people with 6.31 lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

And some people need no rain for crops!!
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I agree 2287 with the rain comment.

KSKID, what was the cost of that 110 BPA compared to the 33?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

It doesnt cost us a dime more except for fuel to get there from here. 

(it does use 150# of N, 50# P, and 75# K more per acre, but the guys we rent from take care of irrigation and fert and herb, we just plant, harvest, and take notes in between.  Also, "we" don't keep the grain, it goes to the landowner along with a significantly-higher-than-cash-rent rent payment for the year)

Gotta love us askholes with the research plots XD

Admittedly, I could care less what wheat did this year as far as my personal life is concerned, only have a vested interest in sorghum atm...

0 Kudos