cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Hope you guys sold all your wheat

Kid, this is custom farmed land?  I'm not following what your saying about research plots.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Yessir, I work for the only independent outfit doing yield trials for multiple seed companies and universities in Kansas, Missouri, Texas, Iowa, Nebraska, and Oklahoma (or I have until next month when I move on to Manha-ppiness).  Couldn't tell you what companies are all at any given location, but if you asked, the answer would probably be "yes"...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Maybe I understand it now after I reread it a couple more times.  The landowner pays for all inputs for the crop in production and gets the harvested crop along with an additional rent payment.  You supply all muscle to produce the crop and get to claim the data of the research.  Am I close?  I'm a little slow tonight.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Ah the little apple huh, dern Wildcats.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

You nailed it on the head.  The only exception is occasionally in beans we have half a field of Liberty beans and half of Roundup beans, so we'll spray that ourselves with our fourwheeler. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Well since you are paying top dollar for rent, if you ever want to do dryland studies just drop me a PM.  Thats only if you continue to pay that top dollar.  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos