cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

How do I get you to sell me corn today?

1. list a premium offer of 4.90 for immediate delivery.. today

2.  drop the price by 10% tomorrow and tell you we have plenty of corn bought for the time being... if you want to sell you 'overrun' this price is good for today and will 'probably' be lower tomorrow... remember I have plenty of corn bought for now...

3. drop the price by 10% tomorrow morning and sit back and watch everyone sell me corn much cheaper than it would have cost me 2 days ago...

seems to me the reverse is true in purchasing fertilizer right now... man you should have bought it at 260  now it's 305 and probably going up better buy it now!!!!  

so much bs so little time....

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: How do I get you to sell me corn today?

If this were a poker game, I think they only got a pair of 2`s. However they have deep pockets and you`ll have to pay to see their hand.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

mucho hilarioso 50,

I used to think used car salesmen only sold cars and 401k's, but they are pretty much everywhere.  Going from job to job selling us "bs."  Smiley Happy  ever met a grain buyer that said the price was going up?  NO, but they all have about the same half dozen catch phrases,  maybe next time they call I will pull out my standard answer list...   How about this bs, after 3 days of bean harvest every elevator in the county is full?????  Wonder how everyone has the exact same business plan?   There is bubble gum on bumpers everywhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Cargill-Blair bidding -16Z for delivery by Oct 6 with NO moisture discount up to 17.5

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Ray,

What moisture level can be used for alcohol corn with out drying it and what is the ideal level?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Most dry mills would prefer to have corn at 16% and under....but 2009 taught them they may have to go to plan B on max moistures...

for dry mills, the bottleneck is hammermill capacity.....if not enough capacity/too much moisture you do not end up with a nice fine grind in the corn.....

wet mills are different...can handle moisture up to 20-25% depending on how their conveying equipment can handle the wet corn....

neither wet or dry mills will have much of an issue handling moisture this year..

Ray J

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
fesentkilr
Senior Reader

Our eplant takes corn up to 17%.

0 Kudos