cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

How long has it been since we have not had a planting rally ?

The wheat market seems to go down almost every
Day, so the market says not to plant, but can. You
Trust them ?

Normally the stocks dip in Oct and the $$$ sometimes comes to the grains
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: How long has it been since we have not had a planting rally ?

This and some rain has reduced acres.

Out west we have been planting lots of wheat, for winter cover if nothing else,  No reason to keep the acres up now...

0 Kudos
hwr247
Senior Contributor

Re: How long has it been since we have not had a planting rally ?

Up here in NE ND we have a few crops that we can plant but the acres are so small any increase kills its market like flax,buckwheat,sunflowers,canary seed etc.... Soys are making in roads but with our unprdictable weather its a gamble to get them out in the fall so we are stuck ith my least favorite crop which is spring wheat! I dont mind raising it but i get so sick and tired of the discounts like protien.....or falling numbers or vomitoxin or some kind of thing so they can take the price down! I like growing winter wheat and have always have had some for the past 15 but not this year.....not with $1.50-$2.00 basis and when i hauled in some high protien this fall i wasvtold that they arnt paying extra for higher pro but if therer was some low protien they woyld discount severly and that was from a $3.10 a bushel starting point!! Im no dummy i can take a hint.  No more winter wheat here pleae just spring wheat.....wish there was something else to plant besides that and canola......any ideas??

0 Kudos