cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

How many?

How many boat loads is 200,000,000 gal of ethonal?

China supposedly bought that amount of ethonal today.

Production from two e plants for a year 

Forgot to also mention the 57,600,000 by of corn mostly China sold and reported this am.

Might not be an excess of corn either. Always nice to clean out occasionally.

If this holds together for another monthish we will have some nice crop insurance guarantees.

13 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: How many?

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Tons of ethanol

Well, ethanol (straight) weighs 6,72 lbs per gallon so, if i did the math correctly it should be 611,000 metric tonnes.

Assuming that ethanol to China would be shipped in a medium-long range tanker or a Panamax, you'd expect it to carry 80,000 MT then 611,000 MT would be 8-10 cargos.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Looks like the former president’s China deal is finally kickin’ in.   
Well........sorry, somebody had to say it. 

sw363535
Honored Advisor

HUUUUUUuge       (in the somebody had to say it category)  🙂

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

https://www.fhr.com/corn-prices/menlo

A link to Flint Hills e plants.

Five in Iowa, one in eastern Neb

There ha  been some basis erosion but not as much as I would have expected with the rise in prices.

$5.33 cash at the Menlo one as I post this. (One I deliver to) New high there. 

$2300+ more per semi load than in August.

Beans,   well double that amount.

More to come?

My Harbor Freight Chinese Crystal ball internally fogged over, seems to be kaput.

For those sold out or almost out this has to be stressful. Quite possibly way worse than the last few years of just scraping by. 

Might need to watch for the warning signs of despair, or if it is you seek help, talk it out. 

sw363535
Honored Advisor

Corn market is not the fastest rising issue this morning ....... we are approaching californias monsoon season.

Weather pattern has pacific moisture streaming into central part of the state    The snow level in the sierra's (including yosemite and north south for 200+ miles will rise 4 feet today.  One of the natural wonders of the planet.  Thats delivery.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Pretty bearish info Hobby. All of us know what a big rain does in August for bean yields and it is only late July on the calendar down there.

Pres Biden to the rescue: 

USDA Temporarily Suspends Debt Collections, Foreclosures and Other
Activities on Farm Loans for Several Thousand Distressed Borrowers Due to Coronavirus.

According to USDA data, more than 12,000 borrowers—approximately 10% of all borrowers—are
eligible for the relief announced today.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Time -  wondering  if  that  outfit  from  Mich.  will  be  included  - ?    

0 Kudos