cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I don't know if it's legal to mention here but//

I don't know if it's legal to mention it here but did anyone else see Jerry Gulke's article about " another 5 billion bushel corn mandate".  He reminded me that the current RFS is due to expire in two years and without it, we won't need that extra 5 billion bushel of corn we've been growing.

The expiration of the RFS will sure have an impact on corn marketing & the corn business for sure.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: I don't know if it's legal to mention here but//

The “My farmers” thing is likely to come into play as that day arrives.

In the event, not necessarily in the same way, of either electoral result.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Not for nothing but, how's that "my farmers" thing worked out for you the past three years?

Not for nothing but, how's that "my farmers" thing worked out for you the past three years?  From my perspective, if I was a corn farmer in the Midwest, I'd unload some of these Republican senators who have failed to demonstrate the proper loyalty as soon as possible and get some in there who know what their jobs are and who put them there.  I can think of few who've voted the wrong way too many times.

That's what I call "marketing".

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Not for nothing but, how's that "my farmers" thing worked out for you the past three y

All MW GOP senators are dues paying members of The Coward Caucus. They are afraid of Daddy and his Cult.

Every. Single. One.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Not for nothing but, how's that "my farmers" thing worked out for you the past three y

It is a simple fact that the Koch network permitted Trump to be POTUS in return for a free hand at EPA and elsewhere.

GOP Senators are too frightened of the wrath of Trump and the army of angry flying keyboard warrior monkeys to object.

As far as total liquid fuel consumption goes, it is possible that the buggywhip industry will manage to extend its life expectancy a few more years, but the writing is on the wall.

It is going to require a different paradigm in order to hold ethanol demand steady.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/21349200/climate-change-fossil-fuels-rewiring-america-ele...

This is for real. The US can cut fossil fuel use by 2/3rds in 15 years and almost everybody wins.

Except people with vested interests in fossil fuels, and corn.

There isn't any reason why we couldn't be at a 30% blend rate by then but you'll have to get the politics right.

The people likely to be holding the reins will owe you very little politically, so you'll have to sell it based on sound policy. Might require some give and take on other green issues for agriculture.

0 Kudos