Senior Contributor

I don't know what to think

other than this is the new norm!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: I don't know what to think

Ray it is a joke to think that this is marketing......... this is "pay the bills" time.

All the profit is being made on the "spend less" side.....

0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

We have an opportunity to take a fair amount of risk to hedge for what could be small gains, but if things go against us they could go badly against.  

Not doing anything could pay off this year if El Nino ends early and yields go down, but if we have a good yield doing nothing now could lose what small opportunities we have.

I agree that spending less is important.

0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

It's hard to get me to a point where i don't have sometthing to say..............but todays wheat market did it, i actually

sputtered when i looked at the market...down 14......with a pending freeze event for two nights that could have a significant

impact...then lets's talk about how dry things are..........ha !!  el nino my anut fannie.....i'm going to have to shell out close

to $20K for new wells in pastures........the ponds are dry.....not even enough mud for a respectable frog pond.

This is plain nuts.......don't start in with me that it's a "globel market"...........we are trading KC HRW wheat, that is what

the contract says anyhow........boys go look back for a few years.......look how good the crops have been in tx,

ok and ks......the primary places that HRW is produced in this country.......yet, we are using "other factors", to move the markets.

This is no longer a market.........i don't know what the #$@! it is.  I've been to enough marketing classes that I could write a

book (maybe that's what i should do......but where in the book store would you find it........comedy ??)........

anyhow, you are told to look at the fundmentals, and the current conditions, and the prospects for conditions going forward.

using the conventional knowage......kc hrw should be bullish................

to $%@! with it Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

my editor informed me, that the book would be in the fiction section of the book store.

timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

ray...market went staight up for 11 days, kind of normal to back and fill for either, 6 or 11 days.

You guys keep talking about a frost event, but I look at the forecast and it is for above normal temps? What forecast are you looking at.

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

You guys keep talking about a frost event, but I look at the forecast and it is for above normal temps? What forecast are you looking at

Well Time - they HAVE to be watching  Chris Wright on Channel 4 -- lmao

0 Kudos
r3020
Senior Advisor

@ECIN wrote:

You guys keep talking about a frost event, but I look at the forecast and it is for above normal temps? What forecast are you looking at

Well Time - they HAVE to be watching  Chris Wright on Channel 4 -- lmao

Can't ever remember what she says about frost but I like to watch Angela Buckman.

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Can't ever remember what she says about frost but I like to watch Angela Buckman

Amen Brother ! : )))))))

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

It is officially 21 degrees in the Oklahoma panhandle this morning headed for 18 tomorrow morning....

Wheat market is free to go down now that we have a confirmation of the rumor...

0 Kudos