cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkadds
Advisor

Re: I feel so refreshed

Hobby--we have had good luck with Marksman which is banvel and atrazine. Some even used lower rates of Toradon here on dryland with good results. I have also used status and roundup which worked well. Tough weed to kill and I agree with no pres being available. Heard those roots go down 30 plus feet and seeds surviving 20 plus years. Tillage does not help much.
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

for sure------- bindweed has to suck the chemical all the way to the root or you are just irritating it.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Btw. Two #'s of atz has been down for a while already
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Hobby,

not exactly sure what a "hobo" ripper is, but i found something tha said that on shopwiki.com

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Hey bkadds,  get a shower tonite?  Up here NE of guymon we are in the black hole of weather another % opportunity waisted.

Lots of planter acres being covered.  Hope the high winds stop before it comes up.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

CX!, appreciate the try but you aren't going to find what i am looking for on that site.

These rippers were made for a short time just before the mid 80's .

the difference in these is the full under cutting wings between the shanks.

Look a lot like sweeps (on steroids) but their wear edges of the wings/sweeps are plow shares. (replaceable)

They are/were painted orange.

0 Kudos
bkadds
Advisor

Ended up with .5". I was at my kiddos end of school program and could hear it pouring outside. Did not feel I could get up to see it, but have not seen that much rain in one shot in a long time. Just got some ground worked before the rain. Thought about it rerooting volunteer, but had very little growing anyway as it has been to cold. May end up cultivating, but planting conditions should be awesome as moisture will be there and soil will be settled. Supposed to be 80s next week so if I can go this weekend it should pop. Hope it keeps coming for us all. We are way overdue.
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Is that 4# or 6# product Hobby?  I used 4# generic for 2011 & the first half of 2012 and had no luck with it.  I was like you and really upped my dosage and didn't get results I was happy with.  I switched to 6# name brand product and went back to the 1#/A active ingredient recommendation and I am satisfied so far.  By using name brand it was actually cheaper per acre because I was using less than 1/2 of the total product and it was only about $4 or $5 per gallon difference in price.  Just thought I'd throw that at you in case you haven't put a pencil to it yet.  Have a good one.

0 Kudos