cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

I finally get a chance to plant a little corn and corn drops 12 cents on a new tariff threat.

Work three days straight to get a little corn planted and come back to find corn down 12 cents on a new tariff threat.  How can we hope to market anything when we don't know from one moment to the next that we won't be stabbed in the back at any moment.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: I finally get a chance to plant a little corn and corn drops 12 cents on a new tariff threat.

You know how when you`re bidding at a farm sale for a piece of machinery and the guy you`re bidding against is wild and never pauses?  When the ringman asks for you to bid, you sloooow down stare at the ground shuffle a little and give the other guy a chance to think and get second thoughts.   That`s what the trade is doing at this time, so far farmers have been plenty beared up and "reward rallies" with sales, the trade isn`t going to just take corn straight up to $7 where it belongs, they`re gonna make us sweat a little, maybe shake a few more leaves off the tree before they take corn where it needs to be.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: I finally get a chance to plant a little corn and corn drops 12 cents on a new tariff threat.

Swindling corn out of the farmers' hands is more like it.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I think more corn can be brought taking corn down 10 cents rather than raising it 50 cents.  Higher corn just puts it in tighter hands, a lower price causes those that "have to sell in the next month" just give up and there`s a lot of those, the elevator fertilizer bill is due the 15th of June, ect.

0 Kudos