cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

I have a feeling……

……that we are not remotely close to the highs in the grain markets. 
We needed an almost perfect growing season to bail the USDA out with their numbers and Mother Nature is not cooperating.

Minnesota is getting hammered tonight and it might actually be a good thing that not much is planted there yet. 

12 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: I have a feeling……

There you go again letting that feminist side take over with those "feelings".

My greedy side says bring those record setting prices on.

The organic growers of corn and beans have gotten $10 & $30 respectively in the past.

Might be reduced to eating veggie burgers and tofu. Very few will get those prices as most will be sold out except for the few holding for $10.25 & $31

0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

Haven't traveled much out of my area of SCMN but I can tell you in our area alot of corn got planted since Friday.  Went to Mankato Friday afternoon and every shed door was open and there were applicators running all over.

We had 5 days of good weather before the nasty rolled in yesterday.  First one went just east of us a little after sunrise and did damage around Faribault.  Next batch rolled by to the west and stayed west of the MN River for the most part.  Finally got chased out of the field about 8 pm when I was about 5 acres from being done.  Last half round it got pretty dark before I ran for home.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Thanks for your local report. Nothing like boots on the ground for telling it like it is. Radar sure looked nasty last night for you folks in Minny. 

0 Kudos
gurly3801539
Advisor

SWMN we got 1.7", came sideways. Power lines blown down. Moving north up towards Marshall 6.5" reported in some areas. Lot of corn went in since Saturday, but not done yet.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Hmmmm

Basis on beans went up 10¢ yesterday morning 

Basis on beans went up another 10¢ this morning.

Finally finding the squeeze on free stocks?

Hey RT you taking on new subscribers to your "feelings" marketing newsletter?

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Sure.  Anyone can subscribe. The cost is free and you get what you pay for.😉

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

why is corn down a dime and beans up about a quarter?

Corn is now cheaper than before the report.

0 Kudos
erikjohnson61y
Senior Advisor

All your SCMN storm started in Nebraska and ran across SESD first.  Was out planting. From the time the front showed up on the horizon until it was on top of me was less than 10 minutes. 80-100mph winds tore the cover off my hay shed and out a nice little pucker in my grain bin. Lots of tree tops laying in the yard now. I had 76 acres of beans that just popped up Wednesday, and the wind blew all the corn stubble out of the field and into the ditch. And I do mean ALL. Had a fairly nice litter cover on the ground, now it's black and the stalks are hanging on the barbed wire fences... 

0512221753_HDR.jpg
0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

It’s  Sunday night and……….here we go. 

0 Kudos