cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I'm Taking Profits

I'm getting out of the stock market today.  I've seen enough 

In addition to the last thress years selling off in the spring, we have the events in Crimea, a Chinese economy that has been cooling for some time, and my personal sell signals that have been hit.  And add to that  the Republicans that are hell bent on destroying President Obama's admisistration any way they can.  A 2000+ point pull back just before midterm elections wouldn't look good for this administration.

I see the posibility of us moving below the 100 day moving average around 14300 on the DOW to begin with, and then maybe 500+ after that, and then we see what happens.  And I may be wrong about all of this - we shall see.

In the mean time, there is no safe haven again for the proceeds from my farm sale.  Interest rates are already so low, that the little to be gained from bonds is not worth the risk.  CD's pay nothing, and tie up my money in the event that I wat to get back in the market later this summer.  

The hog market is pretty wild.  That is probably a sell for someone able to take more stress than I am.  For now, I think I pull in my resources and wait for the pull back in the stock market, so I have dry powder a some point in the future.  

The Academy at Oklahoma City called again.  They need bodies to teach.  I don't know.  Maybe just staying home this spring and getting my garden and sweet corn planted is enough.  Have a good weekend everybody!

Jen

0 Kudos
21 Replies
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Re: I'm Taking Profits

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Find something stable like the Bitcoin.  Smiley Happy

giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Stick to the Grain Markets.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Beautiful morning here on the beach in Gulfport, Miss

Come on down
0 Kudos
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

Arthur Levitt had an interesting observation on Bloomberg this morning

said that a Republican victory that gives  them the Senate in November might actually make it better for Obama to get anything done

reason??  Today, the pubs have a minority position and can be obstructive....once they become the majority they have to be in a position to "govern"......and get some things done...

not sure whether I agree with that completely, but was thought provoking

Ray J

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well Ray, I think these politicians have done enough to us and since they can`t seem to undo the things they`ve done in the last 6 years, I guess the next best thing is for them to "do nothing".

I can`t think of one single thing that I want the politicians to "do".  All I know is here in Iowa, we gotta keep our great Governor, Lt Governor and Steve King...and then replace Tom Harkin with ANYBODY but Bruce Braley  Smiley Happy    Ooops, I almost forgot in keeping this a "marketing topic"  corn up 1 1/2  beans down 7 1/2    pheeew!   Hope that passes   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

As far as I am concerned talk stock market all you want Jen

Many farmers are invested there as well as in farms
0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

You know what a really ugly scenerio would be?  That someone diverted that Malasian Aircraft, is planting a bomb (Nuclear?) on board, and planning to detonate it somewhere.  Man, would that be something.  It wouldn't matter where it happened - stock markets around the world would tumble.  

I think our military need to be on high alert right now - until that aircraft is found.  Awacs needs to be flying off of both coasts 24-7 to protect our cities.  It's a very, very scarry thing.  Call me chicken - that's OK.  I'd rather be chicken right now than lose all I have.

Jen

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Aliens took the plane.  Remember the Bermuda Triangle.