cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I mean, come on now, make up your mind already, huh. Trump's equivocation on Phase One.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/business/us-china-trade-coronavirus.html

Quote: "President Trump criticized China for failing to hold up its end of the trade deal on Friday and said he was “very torn” about the fate of the agreement signed in January, even as his closest economic advisers released a statement reassuring the world that the truce was intact."

Even as it was, there was very little likelihood the Chinese would be able to keep their purchasing agreements given the circumstances anyhow but why give them an excuse not to? 

The thing is, there were some important items in that agreement that are worth trying to make it work despite the pandemic.  Talk about "throwing the baby out with the bath water."

Trump's dilemma is that he sees his only chance at re-election is to blame China for coronovirus in the US.  Little things like trade deals just don't matter anymore.

This thing is going to end up just like trump pulling out of the Iranian Nuclear Deal, come Oct. the arms embargo against Iran will lapse and the Iranians will be free to build all the nuclear ballistic missiles they want.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: I mean, come on now, make up your mind already, huh. Trump's equivocation on Phase One.

Marketing  Page       now known as the Forum Page II

Yeah yeah yeah Trade deals with China = marketing talk.  But I don`t see how "trump blames china for covid"  has anything to do with marketing...Well Coronavirus does come from China that is a fact.   I hate to be all "Jim Meade" here, but geesh this cheering on Covid death tallies is sickening. 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: I mean, come on now, make up your mind already, huh. Trump's equivocation on Phase One.

Hate to break your glass bubble, but the Iranians have been free to develop their H-bomb all along, only Big O gave them billions of our dollars to fund the project. No inspections, no effective embargo on technology, just be honest, they are pretty much unrestrained in a practical sense. Not much the USA can do about it either, too many non-US sources of the technology and the mulah's can pay cash.  Blaming Trump for stating the obvious is simply a silly waste of time.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Sure, and the Deep State assessments were just lies.

Good People Just Know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Other than that Obama didn’t “give them” a dime. 

But it sounds good within the ODS  narrative 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

People who are really smart who are passing out falsehoods must be pitching their services to people who aren't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Oh come on Ken!  Trump could have put and end to Iran long ago. Sanctions etc.  Trump is nothing but a liberal democrat with an R after his name. He has a lot of you fooled.  Pull your head out of the sand.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

silver --- head in the sand is better than any head up the ___ offered by the nut case party on the democratic side

Can you imagine a party so in denial that they did not see defeat coming?  Or so arrogant they will not accept any responsibility for their failure?  Or so out of touch as to not be able to present an electable candidate?  Or after choosing the least electable candidate, believes they have a chance to win an election while spending 4 years of embarassing fit throwing over self created crisis after crisis?   Or believes they have a chance by spending no time listening to the voters they need to win back?  

This party is so disillusioned as to think a virus killing the worlds citizens can be used as a political tool against "Arch Enemy" Trump and not look stupid or insensitive taking that position.

I can't believe news correspondence still stand up every chance they get to show their condescending arrogant baiting dialog,punctuated as a question.

And every day he stands up there and looks like simply a man caring for and trying to guide his country through a crisis.  Working with experts in the field of virus research who correct his desire to have good things happen to the citizens he serves as quickly as possible.   Silver, how the hell are they going to beat that with arrogance and hate.

We are seeing why it is hard to beat an incumbent.  If Trump is such a fool as we get told every day, he is sure hiding it well.  And they're going to have to go back to journalism school and hire the smart ones.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

SW,

Everything you just quoted about the liberal democrats also applies to Trump.  Let's go way beyond this current crisis.  Because I agree with you on that topic. The Dems are pathetic.  My only point is Trump is one of them and acts just like them! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Silver, how can a politician be a "conservative" in today`s society?  If you cut the budget/spending, then the media says "He`s starving kids and pushing granny off a cliff in her wheelchair!!!!".  Then a cute reporterette sticks microphone in your face with a carefully constructed "poll" and asks in a sing-song voice "How`s the president doing?" too many spineless people follow the narrative "oh, he`s doing terrible...I disapprove!".

"Doin` good" these days is pulling a hair out of your nose to cry on cue, do a goofy thing with your lip so it looks like you really really care and then throw other people`s money at the "problem of the day".   If you don`t do all of that, you are painted as a uncaring neanderthal and you won`t get re elected.  Trump doesn`t do the crying and the goofy lip thing, but he shovels money at the "problem" ...which is all we really want, isn`t it?   I can do without the crying and screwed up lip, just gimmeee the $$$$$$$$$$$$$.   Most people though, want the "Bill Clinton" shtick.

If Trump didn`t  shovel $4,$5 Trillion at this "problem" he would`ve been impeached on the spot, the CNNesque "news" outfit would run human interest pieces on "Those poor poor poor people neeeeed help and this meeeean meeeean meeeean president won`t heeeeelp them".  That would be a grandstanding opportunity for all the money spenders in congress to really show off.

Half the country doesn`t pay/owe federal income tax, so they don`t care.  Trump is doing exactly what needs done on immigration and trade, no other president will touch those 3rd rails.  So if he`s a "liberal democrat" in most of the other ways, he`s still head & shoulders above what we`d get with the "open borders party". 

0 Kudos