cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: I think I saw VRBuck panhandling for change today..........nt

Back in the 80s & 90s the crop guys were taking on the chin.....Around these parts, the hog guys were buying land, putting up buildings, buying new machinery and new pickups.....Some spouting off they were getting $5.00 per bushel for their corn feeding out their hogs.  I hardly feel sorry for those guys now.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

It seems like its alright for the doom and gloom crowd to crow and gloat in May but when mother nature shows her hand and there falacies are laid on the table, their whining begins.  YOU the MAN   MT !!!!   I just seen the tinfoil hat boys chasing a bear up a mountain with its toungue hanging out.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I think the last post by VR was very professional guys.  Think about listening to his advice before you end up blaiming the government about conspiracy theories.  MT you better not hope the market crashes or you will be held accountable for you actions.  It would make your demand isn't going away speech, and lying about export number seems childs play.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

We got nothing to export have you looked out your back window lately. Like I said before if you listen to Vr your neighborigjt be farming your ground next year. He's a bear for life and you never get ahead being a bear. Let the bulls run boys.
0 Kudos
Advisor

Joe, you basically just ignored one of the all time most truthfull sayings about grain marketing. It goes something like.."Bulls make money, Bears make money...But Pigs get slaughtered". A bear can make money...even in a bull market. A bull can make money...even in a bear market. It's all about timing..and watching your "trend". I don't really care to defend anyone on here...but what I do want to defend is the civility that seems to have become non-existent between members of the same profession. It doesn't make anyone here a dime to call someone else an idiot or a dumb--s. All it does is make someone look small minded and childish. I can read bullish opinions or bearish opinions all day and not take a single bit of offense if I find them preposterous. I'm the one who gets to pull the trigger on my grain marketing...and if I'm wrong, I'm the one who suffers. When someone sits in their office...and makes fun of someone else for having an opinion other than their own then they are also the ones who suffer. It's because those of us who keep our opinions to ourselves still read what you say, and make a mental note whom we think deserves our respect...and who doesn't. Frankly, if I was moderating the site, this thread would have been deleted as soon as I saw the title.

Senior Contributor

Sorry pup but if you can't tell I could care less about that guySmiley Happy. If you like reading his post go right ahead but the guy never makes any sense of anything and if corn would be thre dollars now he would be doing the same thing back to usSmiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor

Guys Joe has had issues since he broke from his long term girlfriend a few years ago. Medication was needed. How is carolina these days.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

She's doing pretty good but my new one is doing alot better. She said I am sure glad you didn't take bucks advice cause we be livin in the poor house waiting for food stamps to come in. Why do you use so many different alias on this web sight you are a little screwy up stairs ain't you. Sorry about your losses in the market lately. I will send you a fruit cake in the mail that should make you feel better about yourself.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

How do you borrow money to put in a crop from thelocal banker?  I would say that is a naked long with someone else's money. Spain that to your banker as you disk up your crop.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: Empathy time

I never had the problem of high cost feed as opposed to low price hogs. But then I did raise most of my feed.

0 Kudos