Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Re: I think I saw VRBuck panhandling for change today..........nt

Joe its scott
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Don't have a clue who you are Scott. But if you want some good advice short the corn market if you like losing money.
0 Kudos
Esteemed Advisor

This whole thread could be a comedy routine in Vegas. Thanks for the laughs.

Some of us did lift hedges and posted it MT.

Not to defend Buck, but he has very good looking crops, expects an above average yield in his little garden of Eden. If a farmer is in that position, it would not be wise to go 100% on a long bet that his neighbors burn up, sure you could do it, but it would not be wise. I kind of doubt he is having a bad year. OF course, his good weather did bail out his assumption, just as the nation's bad weather bailed out your assumption. You both assumed a lot, and both were partially right and partially wrong, just like all the rest of us.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

"You both assumed a lot, and both were partially right and partially wrong, just like all the rest of us"

that's not exactly a correct, or a fair statement ......to try and qualify delusional rhetoric, with realistic & historically prudent ramblings. 

MT had/has history on his side, as farmers in this country have seen conditions like we are experiencing before....and even if they hadn't personally experienced it, they can read about such droughts/heatwaves from a historical standpoint if they care. and when these droughts/heatwaves have occurred, the normal agronomic outcome is depressed yields & market reaction is to rise in price, most times above expectations. 

on the other hand, you had VRBUCK suggesting utopian type gardens to cover much of the country, cause you could not begin to reach his lofty Nat Yield without such weather gracing most of the country, not a high percentage suggestion to say the least. you had VRBUCK on here since last fall calling for $3-$4 dollar corn as if weather was of no concern to his "yield model". VRBUCK had no legitimate data to base his Nat yield goal on!!! not to mention that the factual yield history of "record acres" normally bear sub par Nat yields. just this week on another board, VRBUCK went so far to suggest that Nat Yield that day was still 160, and that only 30% of the corn growing areas where under the effects of this drought/heatwave. 

MT and many others based their outlook on historical records and actual historical events

VRBUCK based his solely on his own PERSONAL DELUSIONAL BELIEFS/OPINIONS

is there any doubt concerning the above two scenarios which of them had the higher percentage of odds to come true??? 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

You lowly peasants.  It is time to give up.  We can all start bowing 5 times a day to the new marketing mecca.   Maybe if we are lucky and went long we can afford a trip to meet the swami of the markets himself.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=colombia+missouri&hl=en&hnear=Columbia,+Boone,+Missouri&t=m&z=12

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

whats wrong Dismal...........heat getting to you...........your post contain nothing but resentment towards others...........that sounds like hope to me............

as for a trip...........i hear its hot down there...........not sure thats where I would want to be today...........

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

No just don't like know it all's. I'm fine. Hedges pulled with profits. And can almost forward contract at the same level as I did last August Put in way more corn this year. Catching the rains up here on the 49th parallel
0 Kudos
Advisor

Other protein markets are flashing changing fundamentals. Time just like I told you to watch.
0 Kudos
Advisor

My national yield has come down to 152 after last weeks hot stretch, btw.  I will adjust after the next crop rating come out.  Based on last weeks model I still have the third largest corn crop in history,  Adjust next week. 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

These sages must have a resume that shows they top the market each and every year. We all come to the point where we decide that further gains are not worth the risk. Some sell $5 corn on the chance that corn might go to $6. Some sell $6 corn instead of waiting for $7 corn. Others sell $6.50 corn instead of waiting for $7.50 corn. Others sell $5 corn after ignoring $7 corn. I guess they are the brilliant ones.

Over the years I would say my bullish nature has cost me far more than choosing opportunities when they exist.

Going long is only one computer click away but I already have more than enough exposure to risk. However, If I was a super bull I would be diving in head first with a whole basket of longs.

0 Kudos