cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

I think I want to get into flour milling/ USDA magic 8 ball day

They wore out the abacus and consulted the 8 ball.Now our lives are forever impacted. We only get to grow 40-50 crops if we are lucky. If this is truly a record them we must not let the guesstimators get us down. If it isn't one of your best crops, be thankful it comes in a year with good insurance coverage. Next year I am afraid won't be covered so well. If you are self insured and don't have a crop..... well figure that it would happen one day. I want higher prices, but if it takes the Great White combine in the sky to do it. It will hurt too many good people. Relax sit back and enjoy life. We don't get but so many harvests.

Fringe

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: I think I want to get into flour milling/ USDA magic 8 ball day

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Hoping for rain this morning coming across Mo. I agree, we can only do so much. We can not control the weather.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I'm guessing fringe is the one of us with one of our best crops ever?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

It does make for a rosier view . Not record but close,but I have had under 50 yields 2 out of last 3 years. You realize that life moves on whether you have a crop or not. If it was great every year then everyone would do it. Bad years jeep the riff raff away, and besides it was getting hard for you Midwest guys to make up something to complain about. ;-)

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

FLOUR Milling every morning.  It's like saving gas every day-------------- we all go to the state fair without getting out of the office.

Hang in there Jeff.  Ask your wife how to deal with solicitation.  The process has had more to do with termination of home phone lines than cell phones.  When we got business, family,friends, and church moved to the cell phones, we hooked a fax machine to the home phone.  Sales calls were 8-10 our of 12 calls a day.

0 Kudos