10 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: I've always said the traders have better weather maps than I do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

It is to far out to accept. It could flip to a cold July too.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

This dome keeps shifting west...if it continues...it is not a dome of doom, it becomes the "blessed dome of crop fertility" ie lots of reproducing going on...  :-)

Forecast won't matter until after 7/4, jmo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Last week of june we will start to hear about what people's gut are with the maps for July.

Which also hits the report and would be counter seasonal of last year which had prett normal so far.

This heat thing is going to buffalo people. 95-105 isn't good regards of subsoil moisture or pop up showers. Even irrigation starts to struggle at those extremes.

Been awhile since we have had a prolonged stretch of heat. Normal heat even. Heat kills top end yield.

So IMO the temp maps are as much or more important than precip maps. Also these systems seem to be transitioning from 3 days cloudy rain events to spotty evening and nighttime monster cells that move thru fairly quickly and by the next day we are back to 95 and rainfalls vary for 0-5 inches in a half mile with most 0-0.50.

Bottom line is we are due. Is it this summer. Who knows. But the signs are there.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Did mizzo and wc get wet yet ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I pushed the button too fast. Was in enhanced
Chance of severe wx and got .04. also in the
Higher risk area today, so another .04 ??
Heat indexes in 100+ last few days and going
Forward
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Sidewalk wet last night. Nasty storms predicted tonight.

Don't need wind and hail.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Mizzou I know most of the state has been dry since the heavy rains this spring and you have mentioned already last week that your corn was toast, do you have pictures to show what it is looking like?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I got 4/10ths Wednesday night, all gone before noon Thursday, and couldn't get anything to fall out of the guage from last night, so less than 1/10th.  Have good stands of beans on no-till ground.  Worked some ground where did terrace or drainage work, and/or lots of ridging from last year's rains, and/or ruts to smooth out from applying fertilizer or spraying in spring, ground dried out too fast, stands there are poor unless it rains enough soon enough, so far, not enough.

0 Kudos