cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I was amused

I just got back from the bank and deposited $7K and change. Then I wrote a check out for $500 cash and she request to see my drivers license. I thought it amusing that I could deposit $7k in checks and she didn't need an ID  but she did need an ID for my withdrawal.

I'll have to remember that the next time I make a deposit. I'll ask to see her ID. I think they are a bank and they owe almost everyone in town. Why should we trust them?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: I was amused

Maybe she thought you looked shifty?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

They know a shady character when they see one  Smiley Wink   Actually, they didn`t think it was really you, cause you never make withdrawls, only put money in the bank.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Maybe she has read your posts on here and couldn't believe it was really you......Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

That is kind of funny -- although anyone can make a deposit into your account, while withdrawals are limited to those who you have authorized (at least, in theory).  Remember reading a story one time several years ago about a scam -- people had printed up a bunch of deposit slips with their own account pre-printed on them and left them on table in lobby of their bank -- bank customers unwittingly used the deposit slips to make deposits.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Switzerland now has a negative interest rate for large depositors
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

The reality is that the USA has had an effective interest rate ( after adjusting for the diminished value of the purchasing power of a dollar) way into the negatives for a long time already. Maybe having your money in swiss francs, and only losing a .25% amount each year to the bank is a better deal than getting the .25% interest here in the states, and the federal reserve printing your holdings down in value each year.