Senior Advisor

IL looks rough.

Wow
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: IL looks rough.

So Illinois still replanting corn   AND BEANS.   Many replanted bean fields are going for #3 on no tilled ground infested with slugs.   60 day forecast for Central/So IL is for ZIP on measurable precip through July.     Maybe not 2012....but for some will be worse.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

So far have seen a few good pockets with stark lines of bad. Lots of planters running and several untouched fields too.

Long range just went hot and dry.

Like I said. June is going to get Intersting.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Getting worse as we close in on IN
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Looks like May 2nd not June.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Tiger - come on down to Shelby County IN : )) I'll show some good stuff - as in bad - I have never seen so many planters running At the first of June - damit - Race Day is bad enough

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yeah. I was shocked at the bare fields and planters rolling. And I guess I haven't seen the worst.

I know what 2015 was like for us. I know how stressful it is.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

How many millions of bushels do you all project that the ECB and southern CCB take off the yield projections?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

We could see a national average of 15X........
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Early projections were 90,000,000 acres @ 170.7 bu/acre equals 15,363,000,000 bushels.  A national average of 155 bpa would yield 13,950,000,000 bushels.  A difference of 141,300,000 bushels.

Figure half of IL and all of IN, MO and OH are affected by bad weather.  That is 18,900,000 call it 19,000,000 acres.The rest of the country is 71,000,000 acres times 170.1 bpa equals 12,077,100,000 bushels.  That means 1/2 IL, all of IN, MO and OH produce 187,290,000 bushels   Divide by 19,000,000 acres results in 9.85 bpa in 1/2 IL and all of IN, MO and OH to end up with a national average of 155 bpa.

Basis would probably go up in those states.  Smiley Happy  I think I'll buy corn futures.

0 Kudos