cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

IS it time to "Buy" Grains or do we wait till Greece gets out or kicked out of the EURO?

Grains have taken a slide but looking to do some mid-term trading (buying or selling and holding for a two to three week period) now that we got an idea of South America grain and the outlook of Europe shouldI wait until the grains (Corn hit $ 4.75 and Soybeans hit 12.50.  What do you think?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: IS it time to "Buy" Grains or do we wait till Greece gets out or kicked out of the EUR

No clue.  I don't see how a small trader can use the news at all to their benefit.  It's all about price action.  If I knew those markets were going that low I'd be selling now rather than waiting to buy.  Remember the old saying: bottom pickers get their hands slapped.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: IS it time to "Buy" Grains or do we wait till Greece gets out or kicked out of the EUR

Too late;

corn up 17

beans up 15 was down 7

GOLD up 53 an oz.

If this is a dead cat bounce it was a big cat

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: IS it time to "Buy" Grains or do we wait till Greece gets out or kicked out of the EURO

Glen,

I hear you but being patient is also a good thing and I am willing to wait until the market makes a move.  I would love for the market to tank so I can get in there with some good volume. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Why is a producer buying grain?  Or are you a feeder?

Or are you a trader? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Hobbyfarmer, Don't count your chickens......all grains are down.  

Jim,  I trade for a profession and am not a producer.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Right after I posted that, I sold 2 trailer loads of beans for now delievery. $13.25 (+13 at that time) still not a bad price for down here in the "you don't count" part of Ioway.

Dead cat Bounce?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Friend

Not bad at all for that bean price. China has mentioned that they are looking to purchase 300 thousand metric tons of corn. Which could mean a jump in corn over the next week. The dollor went up as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Hobby, You are happy selling two loads at $13 and change. You would have made $1.50 higher a little while ago. Sometimes you should count your chickens.
0 Kudos