cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ice storm on the way

looking over the wx info....played with the grafic data on the nws local website......looks like maybe 3/4 inch of ice, maybe........

that's not good......i see maybe half an inch in sw ks.........perhaps impact on the cattle industry......imagine all those critters

in the feedlot, with half an inch of ice on their bodys...might  be rather interesting in feeding them.

not to speak of the large dairy farms.

if anything, should protect the wheat....to a certain extent.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Ice storm on the way

cheapo, fill your half empty glass with this.  IT"S MOISTURE!!  Ans an inch goes a lot farther now than in July.  And think of all the extra feed all those critters will eat.  We need more demand for grains, right?  So its good.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Just how bad is it out there?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

telling us from 3/4" to 1" of ice....state and some counties putting salt slury down.....local big town has nothing...even tho

the gov has issued a "state of emergency"...before it got here, because it sounds like a hum dinger..........

but the talk is monday/tuesday high in the upper 30's......which i hope melts, and by wedesday in the lower 50's........

just have to live thru sunday and part of monday.

some of the worst accidents i have ever worked were on ice......you know it's bad when you crawl out of the ambulance and you

fall down

poor tom cat might have to go outside.......alot of kittly litter might be used to give the car/pickup some traction.

i guess the wx channel is calling this storm "jupiter"....don't get me started on naming every storm system a name.

guess when you need to get rating points, youv'e got to do something

0 Kudos