cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

If they will pay $14, they will pay $15

if you look at what the meats are doing, where fuel is, where the dollar is, grains look pretty cheap right now. My bias is for another leg up in the soybean market, and planting delays to push corn right up with it.

Bet we get a chance to sell both old crop and new crop corn for $5 plus in the next six weeks. Will that be a great move? Dunno

0 Kudos
3 Replies
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Re: If they will pay $14, they will pay $15

Red,

With more planting delays, wouldn't you think that more beans get planted, meaning less corn planted.  Thus, higher corn prices and lower bean prices.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

March 20, maybe I'm way off base, but I still think we are to early to make accurate predictions 6-8 weeks out. Maybe just differences in locations. My location (Central Kansas) should be right on time but unless we get rain it won't make any difference. Temperature probed a 40 acre tract I'm going to plant some covers on and it was nearly 50F. It was in the middle of the afternoon, but can't imagine it is getting colder since we've had days in the 50-70 degree range with 20-50 MPH winds. Might try to get those covers in sometime during the next couple weeks.
0 Kudos
highyields
Senior Contributor

Remember with late plantings of corn, beans get planted later as well...

0 Kudos