cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: I got mine

And in addition to the flight of the confidence fairy, once there's a whiff of it in the wind all the shiftless people quit their jobs and go on unemployment insurance and food stamps.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 870 right in the doorway.
I gave it 4 shells and left it alone and went about my business.
While I was gone, the mail gal delivered my mail, the trash man picked up the trash, a girl
walked her dog down the street, and quite a few of my neighbors drove past.

Well, after about an hour, I checked on the gun.
It was still sitting there, right where I had left it.
It hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so.
In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and
how they kill people.
Either the media is wrong, and it is the misuse of guns by criminals, or I have one of the laziest
shotguns ever made.

I must hurry off now and check on my spoons. I hear they are making people fat.

0 Kudos
hardnox604008
Advisor

I have several guns that are old but in a good state of maintenance.

Last I looked they were still there although I don't fondle them daily so I can't be sure.

I don't own a handgun and to the amazement of the boys down at The Footfight, I don't pack heat when I pick up strangers who are walking up from the highway and I get them on their way.

Guns can be the gateway drug en route to kookdom.

0 Kudos
hardnox604008
Advisor

BTW, putting aside the non sequitur concerning guns, did you look at the unemployment chart?

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Improving Basis

I know what the "unemployment" chart, its that darned "quit looking" chart that we should be studying.
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Yes,   does it mean a stronger economy?   Or have we moved some to other forms of public assistance?  Does it mean we are spending less on public assistance?

Or ----- most importantly- -------- does it equate to the growth in government employment?

-----------------

Side question ------------ Are contracted services like "website design"  counted as government payroll?   

Therefore can anyone actually account for the the percentage of the economy taken up by government activity?

We are stuck in the sand and spinning tires  ----------- throwing a little dirt in the air.

0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

Boy did this thread go "off topic".  All I know is that my desk sits on a grassy knoll and it's all a conspiracy.

You don't have to rob only Peter to pay Paul - as long as Paul gets paid I don't care who you rob!!

That's part of the "I got mine" attitude all too prevalant these days.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

pogo.png Sorry Isc76cat,   this should read he is me.

It is a race now to see if the export numbers are realized or the usda report comes out to explain them away.  It's a little breezy out here on the knoll.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

sw363535
Honored Advisor

You are two good friends who add big time to those who read here.  Thanks hobby and Isc76cat......

0 Kudos