cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Interesting on wheat

My market headed up after the markets closed. Trying to remember when that happened last. Only on a generally rising market I think.

Importers started buying physical wheat on this dip. I think they may be trying to buy more thinking this is just a temporary correction. If this is true there might be a wave of physical buying going on. We'll see what the floor traders do in the morning.

I don't usually pay attention to minor movements but I found this to be thought provoking.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcf97
Frequent Contributor

Re: Interesting on wheat

That is interesting Palouser.  Hopefully it is a sign of things turning around to the upside again,  then maybee I will price some wheat this time, lol.  Thanks for sharing your observation!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

There was a surge of Middle Eastern buying, as I expected there would be. There may be some serious orders or interest continuing.

Like a serious government report I think the waves from the unrest in the Middle East makes some jump to conclusions. It may take some weeks for the ripples to die away if the action goes in a predictable way. But grain will be bought and sold as usual, or more than usual. Keeping the streets fed is paramount.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Artifice
Senior Contributor

In any year, impoorters buy wheat and exporters sell. You can't have one withou the other.

World wheat trade is big. The US has way more wheat than it can use, thye nedd exoort business.

wheat went up, someone bought someone sold and a wheat farmer can scale some wheat sales and

help supply demand. Thiose who do worth econo,mic things gte paid.

Whear up or down has no meaning, it goes up and down.

0 Kudos
marina5552
Friend

We supply wheat origin USA, Urea 46 origin Russia, D2 origin Russia, please contact marina5552@mail.ru

0 Kudos