Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

This is the best short summary of the Great Grain Robbery

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: This is the best short summary of the Great Grain Robbery

Hmmmm ... wouldn't be interesting if we had one of those robberies going on right now?

The grow, bin, then sell it guy's might just be in the drivers seat again?

0 Kudos
Advisor

Oh,we're in the driver's seat alright

except we don't have a steering wheel, throttle, or brakes.....oh...and did I mention the wheels are about to fall off.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Interesting rumor regarding Chinese corn/bean buying

It does make common sense this is going on.............. US could use some more Chinese ownership (business support) at a time like this. US thinks cash is king, China knows food is king --- it's a win-win!!!

They have over a trillion vested reasons to protect the US $ and help ensure the word "default" falls from the vocabulary.

so it would make perfect business sense for them to be in on the talks now.

we will sell you (China) - X amount of grain over X time if you will take on more US debt or agree to not dump X amount over X amount of time. This is eerily parroting article from '73 Palouser posted, but just sayin' ???

I certainly don't have a handle on the world treasury/debt economic picture, but this smells like one of the trees burnin'........................

feel like i'm a ramblin here...............making any sense???

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

As long as we quit screwing around in D.C. the US has the most desirable debt in the world to purchase. It is still the most stable in the world as long as we quit playing games along the edge of the cliff. There are those child-men leaders that think they have something to gain in doing so. They will be shunted aside after having their few days of noteriety and then they will be forever cast to the fringes, names ending in the dust bin of history.

China has no hand in determining our internal political decisions. Never has, never will. Unless the idiots in politics are given the power to play ego games. This round we've tolerated them too long. With encouragment from a lot of unaware citizens.

I still have faith.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I have no reason to believe or not believe this rumor.  I would think the endusers here in U.S. have the most to lose.  If this rumor is true.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Remember, it's just a rumor .....

...... so far.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Remember, it's just a rumor .....

Rumor is that China is buying in the US and taking advantage of the government shutdown because the purchases are not being reported to the market.”

If you hang around grain circles long enough you will see ‘em all. Some producer or angler creating some ”ahh haaa, X is up to something mischievous that once uncovered will bull the market. The more bearish the downtrend, the more off the wall.  The root of these is a need to create hope for better markets but of course are quite self delusional.

If you look across the world grain oilseed stats, demand looks pretty satisfied. Planted acreage is going up in all categories. The high prices of 2011/2012 assure such.

Is it interesting or annual. A new one born everyday or has the Ag production  community grown up enough to not waste time with cheap rumors.

0 Kudos
Advisor

US still needs to cut spending
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

China buying grains?     You bet they are.

0 Kudos