Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Is Hobby getting censured?

I hope I'm not the only one this happens to. When I try to click on a thread it usually becomes underlined and I click on it and it appears. But lately its been problematic and it I don't have the arrow in the right spot it won't underline and the ad page comes up. However some threads won't underline at all. It took a while for me to figure it out but it's the ones that Hobby started or his post on others that don't underline. Right now his 2 Tid Bit posts and his Room to Roam post will not come up for me. All the other ones do. It is also really hard to start or comment on a post. I had to start a new page and hit the new message box the instant it came up or I got the ad page. To those that mater I LIKE HOBBYS POSTS.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Is Hobby getting censured?

That damnn ad keeps coming up for me too, and Iam tired of it.

Veteran Advisor

I don't get any ad problems on anyone's post.  I wonder what causes it?  I use Firefox and Opera browsers.

Frequent Contributor

The ad is on the left side.  I can get around it by scrolling what I want to look at all the way to to top.

Veteran Advisor

My settings are :

My Settings - Preferences - Display - Linear Layout.  This means all the messages are one after the other on the left side, no stair stepping down.  I can' t see the link from the parent message to child responses, so in the layout I use, I never know who answered whom.  They are in time order.  But I don't seem to have the ad problem some of you have.  

Might be worth a try to see if it helps any.

Honored Advisor

the ad appears to be at the left or right edge of the page.  But even though our comments are in the middle two thirds, the adds actually are activated on their half of the page as they exist as a background component behind the comments.  So when your cursor is on the kudu shape and you click it the ad behind it is activated.

Also I have suspecioned it had something to do with my slow and inconsistent wifi service.

I am now having less problems with it since I have complained........... go figure.

Frequent Contributor

That damn ad is now gone.  Thanks .