cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Is anyone watching long term maps

Just saying

They have been trying to trend hotter and dryer for awhile but have failed to really confirm

Well I think we are on the verge of confirming

Close to 100 today and more coming

The system out east moves thru and the spicket might be slammed shut for awhile

3 weeks of heat and little rain is going to hammer the corn pretty good. Disaster, no. Major hit, yes

12.2 and 3.2
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Is anyone watching long term maps

MT,  Just wondering if anyone remembers what the maps looked like back in April & May?  Were they anywhere close to what actually happened?   I have no clue......but maybe someone knows.  The roots are shallow...no doubt.  We need some heat & sunshine here in Ohio........but definately couldn't take a long period of it either.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Well this is the Old Farmers Almanac call for summer 2015.

http://www.grit.com/farm-and-garden/old-farmers-almanac-2015-weather-predictions.aspx 

Keeping in mind we are only 3 weeks into summer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Just wonder if

things is gonna get warm Next week ( after this week with more rain ).

the h2o Pattern seems pretty well entrenched in the areas that are 2 wet now.

Hot and muggy?   could be...since I already know how corn does in a Jungle Enviro climate...that means some are looking at their Best looking corn NOW.

don't know, happen to get some wind on the shallow rooted stuff...could be a mess ( more be best 2 collect the Crop Ins ).

hopefully there's not an early freeze this year.  MO

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

BA, only three weeks into summer, but gonna be harvesting in 10 weeks!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

What is your yield prediction John? 300 bu per acre at $4 or is that too risky? 250 bu?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Well MT you and I have kind of been in this camp all spring and summer.  I have feared a hot and dry August east of the Mississippi.  Granted we are half way thru July but it is still a concern.  The latest 6 to 10 and 8 to 14 still show a shift to hotter and drier conditions.  Not good for crops that were water logged all spring.

0 Kudos