cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

It is the Weekend

Just got back fron a several mile canoe ride down the river that runs through two of my farms.

I had to lighten up the photo of the tile line running, went by about 8 of them and they were all running something , some pretty good considering.

062212951741[00].jpg

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: It is the Weekend

062212951733[00].jpgThe pie maker lead the way to the first curve.

0 Kudos
Advisor

..After making all that pie dough..I'm surprised you were making her paddle. I'm sure you need the exercise after emptying all those pie pans!!!!...LOL

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Second Saturday afternoon in a row with a nice shower

PD: notice how she uses her paddleSmiley Wink

100_6534.JPG

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Went for a drive and ended up at some very old and dear friends about 40 miles north of us this afternoon. Then went to the North Side Cafe in Winterset Iowa for supper. New owners and New menu GOOD food. came out just before 9 this evening and was greated by this over the side of the Madison Co court House dome...

100_6549.JPG

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

hobby. 

I took a small tripnorth to the wakeeney area saturday following a couple diffrent paths.  I saw planters running in the dust (to beat the insurance deadline maybe), but it was pretty sad for fall crops.  The only good dryland stands I saw were some corn planted early and it will not make it through the week in a healthy state.  Milo fields have a 25 to 40% stand at best and are suffering.  It was a dryland trip through the dighton/ ness city area for the most part.  About as bad a spring conditions as I have ever seen in that area.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

You are a secure young man, putting the "Captains" picture on.  I might have gotten the paddle up side the head.

What a great outing----------------thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The disaster you saw continues to almost  the Norton area. It will include them in a few more days of 100+ degree weather that is going on now. Just got a call from out there and it is already over 100 at NOON. Yes the planters are doing the insurance thing. No if's and's or but's about it.

Thanks for the "young man" comment ...that gray haired piemaker/grandma is the wife not my mother.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Yes-----------------I thought about mentioning your daughter in the boat with you,  but I knew if I smeared it too thick I'd never have a chance at a slice of one of those pies.  I'm sure she can see right through the both of us.

My wife just looked at that picture and said "water and trees--how far is it?".------------------------Obviously not close to here.

Your welcome for the comment-----------Looks like you have good leadership, keep following her.