cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: It`s not so bad down on the Farm

Whair   is  Earl  Butz  to  remind  us  ,  fence  row  economics  is  great ,  plant  &  plant  ,  and  don't  look  back  -  -  -

While  the  usda  hate  bashing  goes on,  buy  July  2020,  and  park  the  planter,  us-da  gave  you  an  opportunity  if  they  are  so  full  of  it  ---  

ahhh,  except  others  might  not,  and  you'd  miss out -  and  maybe  keep  that  ole  nasty  tax  payer  insurance  policy  handy  - - -

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Yep, "farm the farmer"   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Corn pp is 55%

There was a 5% buy up. It cost me 40¢ an acre.

Now there has been a 10% bonus not.

And if you had harvest price option, another 5% .

So 55% pp becomes 75% of aph. Plus the other pmts and hay income.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I think Earl Butz really got around the world, telling all the foreigners to also plant fencerow to fencerow.  Heck of it is, we don`t want to have our competitor`s standard of living.   Agriculture is a mature industry and other than put up more pig factories and hope to sell pork to countries that get ASF, I don`t know what our game plan really is to get rid of grain surpluses.

I hint at supply management farm bills, but so far no one is desperate  enough or too proud to listen. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I wasn`t aware of all those changes, Hobbyfarmer.   Yes, that would change the economics.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Mother Nature gave many of us a golden goose of paid supply management. (PP)

Most served theirs as Sunday dinner.

0 Kudos