Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Its a go

China approves Syngenta's Viptera corn-reports

CHICAGO | 

CHICAGO, Dec 16 (Reuters) - Chinese officials informed some U.S. seed industry officials that they approved Syngenta AG's genetically modified corn Viptera, according to reports from Agri-Pulse and Bloomberg.

The corn is at the center of lawsuits over U.S. grain shipments rejected by Beijing.

########################### 

The Milo bubble may burst if they can do the corn thing again.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Its a go

I know nothing about milo.  But, isn't most of the milo supply already sold?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

roaringtiger,

Good assumption,  except for a swath acroww nw ks, much of milo production area is still in drought effect.  Not a big crop ----- if that is not "illegal" to say.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I think that the key - is the DDgs - China has some kind of deal as to how much corn they will import where as there is no resricitions on ddgs as to what they can import . Remember back a year or so ago - when China said we were dumping all the ddg's on them ?  Now it looks like the door is open again - And yes - that should help screw the milo bids .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

OK does anyone know if Duracade is included or is it just viptera with a newer name? If viptera is cleared is duracade also cleared????????????
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

elcheapo old buddy,   wake up,   look ------- how many fingers?    Got a sugar problem?  Can you follow the finger???

Are his fingers still on the keyboard?????    BANG!!!  Check a pulse.  Get a backboard.

Always makes me wonder when I read a blank one.  Did he really draw a blank on the subject or did he eat too much at thanksgiving to get through the ag.com "filter" .   "Wonder what he meant by that?"  "Did I read it right?" "Was the thread that meaningless?"  "Who started this thing?"  "Do we have our first suspect?"  

How far away from the keyboard did he make it?  It is a habitual indulgence posting on ag.com, hope it didn't get him.

More of you should try it.    Start with a little one.  Someone will thank you for it.  Soon you'll say some thing that strikes someone ---- maybe in the funny bone----get a Kudo ----- and you will be hooked.  You can drop all your wisdom here and be left thoughtless.

It is a cruel but exciting way to go.  Step right in ---- try it once.  Won't cost you a thing.

We have an opening.   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I just pushed the wrong button.

Come to think of it, as of late I've been
Pushing a lot of peoples buttons!