cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

James Comey made grains go down?

Market report on radio blamed the reopening of the email scandal on corn and beans going down last Friday.  I doubt it, they had a healthy little rally and just a healthy correction.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: James Comey made grains go down?

They gotta toe the line as dictated to all media....... even the market reports are corrupted

That is why they reported "Watch the sunday nite bean market" a couple of days ago...

Those Iwoa farmers better vote. or she'll take back those payments.....  

Id put up a smiley but it isn't funny...  We are soooooooo corrupted 

What did ya'all have to pay for her to come to the great state of Iwoa.??

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Smiley Happy  These farm programs, could be like they tried to "clawback" the National Guard bonuses.   The GOP candidate, the one I`m voting for is seen as tough on trade...and well look at the annual US trade deficit year after year after year, we should have someone that is tough on trade.  The Democratic candidate, the one with the email problems, was dragged kicking and screaming to give the appearence of being (against the TPP and tough on trade) but wink wink nudge nudge, no one believes it.   So, if it looks as though the "public face/private face" candidate is going to lose, perhaps out of fear and punitive reasons, the commodites and stock market will take a bit of a licking.   Go to the Nate Silver "five thrity eight" site and the greater of odds favoring the GOP candidate, the more the markets will get kicked???  Dunno, just thinking out loud.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Sorry.....no choice from either party......this is
The best that each could muster......that tells
How bad the problem is
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Honored Advisors  - these politics remind me of the  ''' seed pricing scales '''  where it  ''' seems ''' there different  $$$$  discounts to some patrons ? ?  Do  we  get  a  '' clawback ''  this year  or is it  like 10 years out ?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I just do not know....

You think the smell is coming from the election,,,,, but then it is really hard to pin point the source of that odor....

I been reading jesterdays WSJ piece "The Daily shot" Economy in 53 charts.....and this similar report

http://www.businessinsider.com/impact-of-soybean-exports-and-trade-on-q3-gdp-2016-10

"According to MarketWatch, a boom in soybean exports due to a poor crop in South America contributed significantly to the increase." ---------------- neither of these have been recognized in the usda SD reports.

http://www.agweb.com/article/exports-drive-third-quarter-gdp-growth-vilsack-urges-tpp-passage-naa-an...

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Also right on cue our crop insurance "put option" expired with the turning of the calendar to November.   But the way markets work, they may shrug it all off and climb a wall of worry.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Or they just got ahead of themselves (maybe by a lot, maybe not) and analysts have to cite something.

Although I would say that there is a very large amount of political risk dead ahead.*

For folks who have been working the refs by maumauing USDA in an election year I'm sure there will never be any acceptance of this possibility.

But I think both the global macro and grain and oilseed outlooks look fairlky ominous.

BTW, welll confirmed now that the major central banks opened currency swaps wide open following the Brexit vote which accounts for the failure of the initital violent moves to sustain.

I think it is a mistake to protect people from the consequences of their rash actions- moral hazard.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

So what parts of the economy are dependent on the continuing printing of borrowed funds by fed?

Is that the same list that will panic if the left woman doesn't win??

Is the commodity futures markets on that list??

How are the commodity futures markets going to react if the country wide protest vote goes to the non traditional candidate??

0 Kudos