cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

OK

The cause of our cooler weather is the Chinese's govt's fault.

They are having record heat over there and I believe it is a direct result

of their change in birth control policies.

They are relaxing their one couple one child policy. We are seeing a direct result of that, as

all that heat being generated over there is rising to the top of the World and

causing the cold Artic air to be pushed aside.

That puts us right in the path of that cold air being displaced on the other side of the world.

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Jen AM Weather

Hobby - dawg gone it, you might be on to
Something there. Maybe we need to try something like that over here : oh that's right, we already have been doing that for a while.
0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Dairyfarmmn did sound sorta teed off - maybe he got busted back to a page 🙂
0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

By the way - I'm still here in the hospital. I'm not sure they're making progress on this infection. I'd love to get out of here, but given how painful this thing still is I know I'm in the right place. I'm missing Victooria though.....and I don't think I'm going to get my 11 million.

Jen
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Yea-but there is over a BILLION of them and just to the south of them is another short billion Indians. We are flat out, out numbered.

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Yes - there's lots, but at least we're making a big presence.

Jen
0 Kudos
dairyfarmmn
Senior Contributor

Hobby, thanks for the help. I'll go back and edit my post after I find Eleanor my five titter cow. Me being young and immature, I don't always know what is going on.
0 Kudos
dairyfarmmn
Senior Contributor

Jenny Jenny Jenny. Just shaking my head here. What's wrong with you bombers? Why are they called the bombers when they have the Cannonball? Maybe you guys lost all your critical thinking when the Westwind closed? Sounds like you have been in the whinery having to many samples? Maybe this winter you and I can meet for a burger at Mill Street I'm literally just down the road. Well unless by barn chain breaks. Then I got to shovel chit.

Would you rather have a cool August or a cool sept.? Me I'd rather have a warmer Sept., which typically follows a cooler August. Corn may very well go up. But it has almost zero reason to go up now. It won't go up until we start to know yield and acres.

Somebody must be making money judging by all combines and planters setting in dealers lots. Late model equipment too. And I don't know anybody that trades late model equipment for older equipment....... Soooooooo I'm lead to believe crop farmers are making money. Oh and I haven't even talked about all the heated shops that have been built. So for I don't really feel for to bad for crop farmers if they have one off year. They have strung quite a few together. Reality checks are always good.
0 Kudos
dairyfarmmn
Senior Contributor

Btw hobby, Einstein lives by Algona.
0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

It's pretty easy to go online and get information. As far as equipment on dealers lots, most of the dealers I know carry very little new equipment these days, and the dealers around Cannon Falls have had very little used equipment for years. Which is why the 2 major consignment auctioneers attract 1000 farmers at each of the sales. But of course, you've probably gone to them. The Westwind closed many years ago. So long that its not worth mentioning anymore. And the only dairy farmers basically left in our area from what I see are quite successful, and I doubt that they would attack a crop farmer as all of them that I know crop farm also. I still doubt your credentials.

Beyond that, my gripe is not against other farmers. It's against a system that works to take markets to their extremes, which is how the blood suckers make money. As a dairyman, you should have your own issues with the milk market moving to Chicago because as soon as it did, you dairymen lost around $1.50 according to the dairymen I associate with. If corn, like fuel, would not make the spikes and lows like do, you dairymen wouldn't be having to pay so much for your inputs either. It all evens out, Right? Wrong. Gas goes up the minute it spikes up in NY, but the reverse is never true. These spikes are costing all Americans billions of dollars. What I see in Chicago, Wall Street, and New York is a large part of the issues infecting this country. As a farmer, you would understand that. I doubt that you are. And I don't have hamburgers in any sort of bar. I've only gotten 1 bottle of wine from the winery for a friend who plowed my driveway while I was in Oklahoma. The Cannonball is a gas station - I don't think I ever saw students attend classes there. I'm a farmer, you're a fraud.

Jen
0 Kudos