cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Jen, How wide spread

will freeze be on Sat am  -- and how much longer you {edit} THINK these crops need to finish - ideally?

coldest i've seen is Ludden = 27* for Sat

thank you..

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Jen, How wide spread

C-X-1, mostly, the crops are safe now from what I've seen. There are snow showers in the forecasts for as far south as East Central Iowa for Friday night. We then stay well below average into the middle of next week here. It's supposed to be quite windy with this cold front passage, which will help keep the air stirred up. From the freeze standpoint, I'm always more concerned this time of year when I see a big High dropping out of the Arctic. I'll try and do more later, but the Pack and the Vikes play tonight in Green Bay - can't miss that!

Jen
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Who are the Pack and Vik's?  Smiley Very Happy

I'll be tuned into the Royals/Angles.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I MUST NOT have learned a thing on here: Jen, are you saying ALL the C/B in MN, ND, SD, NE, WI, etc are fully mature...?

thanks again

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Shaggy,

if you're hangin' with bluebloods and some angels -- sounds like good company! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

2014, the year of the ROYALS hopefully.  However, I sure wish the GM would have fired the manager after the wildcard game the other night.  He was absolutly the worst performer on the team and he has been all year long.  Hate to guess how many games he's lost for them.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Is there a lot of corn out there that's not mature? Yes, I think there is. But, it's not something that is disastrous. Not like a month ago. Beans are pretty well done from what I saw in my trip up from OK. Oh, I'm sure again that there is probably a field here and there that still needs some time. I was over by Red Wing again today (YMCA for swimming) and noticed a field right at the corner of Hwy 19 and Hwy 63 that I was going to take a picture of. This field had frozen prematurely. About half the field was a nice golden brown, the other half, in the lower areas of the field, were black with leaves hanging on the plants. I'm probably going back there this weekend again, and will try to get some photos. I've looked at a few corn fields - I found none that were black layered. Most of the corn fields around here took some frost - not reaching as low as the cob, which would've shut off the nutrient flow to it. But it's going to be cold - GDD's are going to be few now. But, compared with what we had up here last year, we are in much better shape. I don't think we'll have the issues with light test weight corn that we had last year.

Corn stove sales should once again be on the increase. I haven't had to turn on the heat (or the corn stove) yet, but this coming weekend may require for me to fire it up. It's supposed to be in the 80's in OK the next two weeks. I'm looking foreword to going back in Nov.

Jen
0 Kudos
Advisor

The angles, right or left. It reminds me of the kC chefs.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Yes, I agree VR - there's a lot of good Chefs in KC. Especially some of the ribs.....

Jen
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Good one Jen, same thing Tom Brady thought this past Monday night.  Looks like he went home with BBQ sauce on his face.

0 Kudos