cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vandenplas
Senior Contributor

John Deere ads

Those John Deere ads are cluttering our posts again.  Either fix them or fire them. 

9 Replies
Grassfarmer
Senior Reader

Re: John Deere ads

The easy answer is to click on another market site

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

I thought maybe I was the only one seeing them. No more machinery finder please.

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

I was haveing the same problem too till last week - then it went away -- then I went over to talk to some freinds on ag web and now _ i can't hardly get on there for the machine finder - lmao - jeff did you move that add over to the other site -- lol

0 Kudos
ray h.
Senior Contributor

I wish there was a great big ad blaring every one in the face to go back about 15-20 years with where the acreage was as far as corn,soy,and any thing eles that covered those acres that are obviously in over production today,it's called,(calling the bluff.)

0 Kudos
kyjlong
Frequent Contributor

Re: Right margin ads

Adjust the size of the discussion area larger,  (with Foxfire & some others use  "<ctrl> +") forcing the ads to the right. Using the slide at the bottom move your viewing area to the left, then there are none of the ads at the right margin  visable. Don't tell or they will change page design. Besides, their presence provides revenue to keep the site up. Have you provided contributions beyond allowing the ads into your screen?

Remember: 'There ain't no really free lunches!'  Someone has to pay.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Good point, but if no one visits the site what good is that?
0 Kudos
rawhide
Advisor

is anybody else getting spam in the posts?

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Nope, I'm good rawhide. Apparently using an IPad must be eliminating a lot of the problems this thread pertains to cause I haven't noticed any of them.
0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

You can eliminate ads when .....

...... they are bothersome. Install the extension Ad Block to your browser. Free. I forget there are ads at all most of the time. I don't usually apply it to those sites that aren't too in your face but it sure makes a difference. I realize sites need to make money, especially news but, I don't like getting run over by ads.

0 Kudos